We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on picking up a passenger at terminal 4 Heathrow

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
259 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on picking up a passenger at terminal 4 Heathrow

I am seeking advice for picking up someone outside terminal 4 at Heathrow. Here is the plan. My sister, brother-in-law, and I will be in London for a few days before our travel to St. Ives, Cornwall. We have rented a car from Europcar to be picked up @ noon at Heathrow. Our other travel companion will be arriving at terminal 4 at 12:15 PM. We think we three should travel from London and pick up the car and wait in their lot until we hear from her by phone (we will have a phone and she will need to us a pay phone after buying a card from WH Smith) that she is through immigration, luggage, and customs and then we can swoop in and pick her up and hit the road. This would save a lot of time versus waiting for her to arrive and then getting the car. OR, we can pick up the car and go to short term parking at terminal 4 and one of us go into get her. OR, she can go to the Europcar desk and ask them to call and tell us she is here.

Thanks in advance for all your suggestions and advice.

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,237 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on picking up a passenger at terminal 4 Heathrow

Well, IMO I'd take out any error from third parties, rely on yourselves only.

You 3 go to Heathrow to collect the car at midday, when collecting check the incoming flight is on time, drive to short term 15 mins after flight arrival time. One of you meet your companion at arrivals and get them and luggage to the car. All you lose is £4 parking and 5min walk.

I can imagine problems waiting for calls etc.

Have fun in StIves - great place!

Stoofer

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,868 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on picking up a passenger at terminal 4 Heathrow

All of you go to Heathrow, see if the flight is on time or not. Once the flight has confirmed to have landed one of you (or all who are nominated drivers) goes and collects the car, some of you find somewhere to sit with the luggage and one person hangs around arrivals watching for the new arrival.

Then the car driver(s) go to short stay where you load up the car and drive off

Level Contributor
259 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on picking up a passenger at terminal 4 Heathrow

Wow. Thanks everyone - such good ideas. I will run this by the others, but I think either will be brilliant!

London
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on picking up a passenger at terminal 4 Heathrow

Were you able to pick up finally....I need to pick someone today.

Please advise asap

Is there a pickup point at Arival or do I need to park it at short stay somewher

Edited: 08 February 2010, 14:05
Level Contributor
259 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on picking up a passenger at terminal 4 Heathrow

Sorry we are not doing this until April. Good luck today.

6. Re: Advice on picking up a passenger at terminal 4 Heathrow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2010, 07:16