We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London Hotels - never been

Melbourne Beach...
Level Contributor
142 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
London Hotels - never been

I would like to spend approx. 175-200 USD per night for a family of three going to London in May. We'll just be there for a couple of nights and then are planning a trip to the Cotswolds. Something near Paddinton Station would be convenient. We would like a nice quiet, clean, non-smoking room. (Are they all non-smoking now?) Am I asking too much for this price?

I have been looking on line at the Premier London Tower (which I know is not near Paddington).

Suggestions and info greatly appreciated. I have been checking on here but lots of posts are from years passed...

Thanks!!!

South London
Level Contributor
1,415 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London Hotels - never been

Have you tried any of the Premier Inn's?

Melbourne Beach...
Level Contributor
142 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London Hotels - never been

Can you recommend a specific one? I see there are two that are located by Tower Bridge. Is that a good area for a base for getting around?

I like your Penguin disguised as a chicken icon... : )

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,240 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London Hotels - never been

You could try the Paddington Hilton. Right on top of the station and although Paddington is a bit on the edge of the centre, there's good transport links.

If you are willing to take a 15 minute walk, you could try the Thistle Marble Arch or the Cumberland next door. Right on Oxford Street and opposite Hyde Park. I've been staying at the Cumberland lately on business and the room was £112.50 including breakfast.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,155 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: London Hotels - never been

The Paddington Hilton may be beyond your price range although the Hilton Metropole, a ten minute walk or one tube stop away might be worth investigating. It's a massive impersonal hotel but most rooms are a reasonable size and facilities and transport links into the centre of town are good.

Nearer to the station I would look at The Darlington Hyde Park, a very well run B&B and the Indigo, a well designed hip (ish) modern conversion of an old building.

http://www.hipaddington.com/

http://www.darlingtonhotel.com/

The nearest Premier Inns to Paddington would probably be the Kings Cross and Euston locations, both are an easy 10-15 minute tube journey around the Circle line.

Edited: 08 February 2010, 19:27
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
30,785 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: London Hotels - never been

You can check hotels in Paddington and other central areas www.hotels-london.co.uk

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
129 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: London Hotels - never been

As far as non-smoking is concerned, I always like to book a hotel that is totally smoke-free, just to be sure. All the Premier Inns in London are smoke-free, as is the Darlington Hyde Park. I think the Travelodges are smoke-free as well. There are many others, too, but there's no one site that will give you a comprehensive list. Most hotels, however, will put aside non-smoking rooms for guests that choose not to smoke but I would check the website always.

If you ever go to Boston, the hotels in Boston proper are smoke-free. Most hotels in downtown Toronto are also smoke-free.

7. Re: London Hotels - never been

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2010, 08:17