We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

phantom of the opera seating plan advice needed

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
29 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
phantom of the opera seating plan advice needed

i will be in London on April and i would like to see the phantom of the opera. I have found seats in row Q 1-4 at the stalls for 30 pounds do you advice me to book them or not?

I also read the monkey something but i am still confused.

Thanks so much in advance

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
5,386 Reviews
from US$126.10*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath, Pub...
2,144 Reviews
from US$128.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros. Studio: The Making of...
539 Reviews
from US$113.80*
Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
43,083 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: phantom of the opera seating plan advice needed

The site is Theatre Monkey - theatremonkey.com/HER%20MAJESTYSbooking.htm

It looks as if those seats are normally £45 which means you have a good deal although it might help us to help you if you let us know where you found those seats?

If you read down the website there actually isn't a great deal written about row Q but you will be to one side which could mean missing a little of one side of the stage. I get the impression that the higher priced seats in the Royal circle might be slightly better.

Arkansas
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: phantom of the opera seating plan advice needed

I just looked at theatremonkey and found a map of Her Majesty's Theatre: www.theatremonkey.com/HER%20MAJESTYSstMAP.htm

According to the map, Q2-5 are cheaper than the rest of row Q and there is a black dot between N3 and N4. Is that a column? So I'm guessing it's an obstructed view.

Looks like the normal price is £45 for Q1 and £25 for Q2-4. So maybe your average price is £30 ?

North West England...
Level Contributor
1,834 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: phantom of the opera seating plan advice needed

Seats Q1-4 look ok on theatremonkeys seating plan of the theatre tho ?

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
29 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: phantom of the opera seating plan advice needed

Do you think maybe F14 F15 at the royal circle are better? They are at about 50 pounds each. The period i am coming doesn't have good options because it's Easter and most of the tickets are sold.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
43,083 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: phantom of the opera seating plan advice needed

There are some comments that the view of the top of the stage is diminshed from row E back but you will be more central which will be a plus. I honestly don't think this is something to get too worked up about although I appreciate you might think differently.

Arkansas
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: phantom of the opera seating plan advice needed

Just note the line on the map page:

Please remember that cheaper seats often do not offer the same view / location quality as top price ones, and that ticket prices are designed to reflect this difference.

7. Re: phantom of the opera seating plan advice needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2010, 06:18