We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Goddards in Greenwich

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg
Level Contributor
14 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Goddards in Greenwich

Can someone tell me if Goddards is open for sit-down meals Monday-Friday?

TIA

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,316 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Goddards in Greenwich

Didn't they close?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
3,822 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Goddards in Greenwich

Goddards Pie and Mash sold their premises a few years ago to Gourmet Burger Kitchen.

However, they since reopened in the Fountain Food Cort but according to their website they only open on weekends and bank holidays.

pieshop.co.uk/2009/…

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,777 posts
292 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Goddards in Greenwich

I have a feeling it closed a while back, but I'm sure someone will confirm one way or another.I think I can remember a discussion here, so worth checking the search box.

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Goddards in Greenwich

Yup - the branch in Greenwich closed a few years back, and got replaced by a hamburger place. As Mick says, they turn up in a van at the Fotutain food court for market days, but it's not the same atmosphere.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,901 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Goddards in Greenwich

Goddard's in Greenwich closed in autumn 2006. Shame, as it was in a great location and served up very good pie and mash.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
14 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Goddards in Greenwich

That's sad to hear.

Any other suggestions for a good restaurant/pub meal in Greenwich would be greatly appreciated.

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Goddards in Greenwich

The Trafalgar has an historic tradition of whitebait suppers (Pepys mentions going there in his diary), although it is a bit spartan in the bar area.

I like the Kings Arms for a drink (and the garden is quite pleasant), but the food is standard pub fare.

If you fancy an Indian, the Mogul is good - I like to get one of the booths under the arches downstairs.

Bar du Musée is popular, but I don't like the atmosphere much. It may be that I'm just too old for it.

Best restaurant in Greenwich is probably The Hill, a bit south-west of the centre. On the way there you pass a fine chesse shop and two great pubs - the Richard Nth and the Observatory/Greenwich Union/whatever it's called this week; the former serves Young's, and the latter the beer from local brewer Meantime.

If you are up for a little walk east from the centre, beyond the park, the Vanbrugh on Vanbrugh Hill (right by the railway line east of Maze Hill station) is rather staid pub with a very good restaurant attached.

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Goddards in Greenwich

RIP Goddards. :(

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,876 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Goddards in Greenwich

Steak pie, mash & processed peas with a big mug of sweet tea.

Aaaaahhhhhhh

10. Re: Goddards in Greenwich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2010, 06:16