We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RVI Bus Route

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
733 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
RVI Bus Route

I am trying to find a way from the Tower of London to the Imperial War Museum with only moderate walking for my husband as I am trying to conserve his walking to have him last as long as possible.

Looking at the tube it looks like we would have to walk to Bank tube and catch the black Northern line toward Morden and get off at Elephant and Castle and walk from there.

When trying to find the bus route I see this RVI bus route from Tower Hill that seem to go somewhere near there but I can't tell how close or what stop to use?

Any advice on this bus?

Thanks

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
733 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: RVI Bus Route

I am now looking on the tfl site ( thanks Nick) at the 344 bus which leaves Aldgate, only .3 mi from Tower hill and drops right outside IWM.

I am thinking this might be a very good option. Seems to keep walking at a minimum. Thank you Chris.

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,396 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: RVI Bus Route

I now think that I must have been on the 344 that Chris mentions, not a 40, when I was going past the IWM recently.

If your husband can walk from Elephant & Castle, but you'd rather converse his energy at the other end, then bus 100 might help. That takes a more circuitous route, but I think it starts much nearer to Trinity Square.

Sorry again for confusing things.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
733 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: RVI Bus Route

Route 100 looks like I could catch it at Cross Wall, .2 mi. Probably not as direct but that might be a first choice with the 344 at on Fenchurch st as another possibility a little further to catch but more direct.

I will have to look it over again since I have it narrowed down to these two.

Thank you

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
733 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: RVI Bus Route

Now looking it over 344 might be first choice since it drops direct at IWM

100 leaves you off at Elephant a little distance. But I am considering it on the way back because it has a stop at St Pauls and I could catch that before heading back to Trinity Square.

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: RVI Bus Route

Hiya!

Last time I wanted to go from Tower Hill to a stop near Elephant&Castle (and near IWM) I took 344. If my memory doesn't fail me, it had the least walking compared to other options (yes, I'm an E&C regular).

On your way back, depending on where you want to go, there are plenty of options if you walk to E&C.

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: RVI Bus Route

Correction: it was 344 but it wasn't from Tower Hill it was from Liverpool Street. I did get off at IWM though and the stop is indeed seconds away from the entrance.

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,396 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: RVI Bus Route

One gentle word on personal safety. If you are comin back via Elephant and Castle after dark, you might be wary of using the underpasses there. While I've never had a serious incident in them, I've been jostled by gangs of youths there enough times that after dark I now try to cross at street level.

As the roads there are pretty busy, and drivers are changing lanes and looking for turnings, this may be an incorrect risk assessment on my part, but it's what I do.

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: RVI Bus Route

I do the same thing.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: RVI Bus Route

Maybe I'm missing the obvious here, but why not just hail a taxi?

London
Level Contributor
699 posts
1 review
Save Reply
20. Re: RVI Bus Route

I always use a taxi, which allows me conserve my energy for the important things in life. But, if the tube is the mode of choice, I would opt for Lambeth North and walk from there,