We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lion king or wicked tickets - buy in advane or not?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mboro. UK
Level Contributor
600 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
lion king or wicked tickets - buy in advane or not?

Was wanting to buy 2 tickets for 2nd June matinee for my wife and daughter for Lion King or Wicked ( I am not sure which one is the most suitable as my daughter is 9). Shall i buy them in advance or wait until nearer the day or the day itself? Any advice as to what to do, the best sites or places to buy from would be appreciated.

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
839 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lion king or wicked tickets - buy in advane or not?

Buy now - if you want three seats together in a good location. Why wait? Those are both popular shows and are highly suitable - delightful! - for your daughter.

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
839 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lion king or wicked tickets - buy in advane or not?

Just noticed you want two tickets. I'd still get them now. We are going in late June and I've had my tickets for months. The show I'm going to is not as popular as those two and the seats are already down to pretty slim pickings.

north wales
Level Contributor
12 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lion king or wicked tickets - buy in advane or not?

Have seen both, and out of both of them I would personally see Lion King again, so that would be my number one choice! And my advice would be buy early for good seats.

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
785 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: lion king or wicked tickets - buy in advane or not?

Definitely Lion King.

Do buy as soon as possible, when I was in London in January there were no cut price tickets available for Lion King and most sessions were sold out. Single seats were available only.

Edited: 14 March 2010, 23:14
Little Rock...
Level Contributor
839 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: lion king or wicked tickets - buy in advane or not?

I've seen Wicked three times and plan to see it again. Wish you could see both!

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
823 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: lion king or wicked tickets - buy in advane or not?

While your daughter will probably enjoy either one, I think the subtle humor in Wicked is a lot more fun. The songs, especially Dancing through Life, are witty and memorable. The LIon King's songs, except for The Lion Sleeps Tonight, are not very memorable IMO. The entry parade is spectacular and so are the costumes. If you opt for The LIon King, try to get seats on the aisle so you can see the parade. Whichever you choose, buy the best seats you can afford. Years ago we saw Phantom of the Opera from seats with obscured viewing. It was a waste of money.

Mboro. UK
Level Contributor
600 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: lion king or wicked tickets - buy in advane or not?

Are all online ticket agencies the same or are certain sites better

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
839 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: lion king or wicked tickets - buy in advane or not?

Get them from the theatre's official box office site rather than a third party. I usually go to theatremonkey.com for information on which seats are good and a link to the box office for each show.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: lion king or wicked tickets - buy in advane or not?

If you buy online, be very carefull with your dates and seats etc, check, double check, and triple check. We got Lion King tickets from a well known site and got the wrong dates, they were not helpfull with me in changing the dates, but after some help from a wonderfull person (not with the ticket people) we managed to get them changed. We are going in Septemeber and have our tickets, want to get good seats. Enjoy

Mboro. UK
Level Contributor
600 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: lion king or wicked tickets - buy in advane or not?

ah ok - I'll check the official site.

Out of interest, I had to book some Oliver tickets for a school party today. When I was talking to the agent she said it was easy to go to the tckts shop in Leicester Sq and get the tickets on the day as it's midweek and an old show!

I think i should stick with advice from here though - always served me well in the past