We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near Proctor Street, Holborn

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
90 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near Proctor Street, Holborn

I'm on a study course for 3 days at BPP on Proctor Street, Holborn in July - can anyone recommend a hotel close by - my firm will be paying so nothing too fancy (i.e over £225 a night) but also nothing 'grubby'.

I don't mind a bit of a walk but nothing over 15 minutes ish and an apartment would also be fine.

Newcastle upon...
Destination Expert
for Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
1,774 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near Proctor Street, Holborn

I have stayed at the Grange Holborn, and liked it, though the reviews on here are usually not that great, depending when in July you might get it for under £225 a night

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
860 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near Proctor Street, Holborn

I think you meant for Procter Street, Holborn...

Hotels nearby:

Apart/hotel Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden …citadines.com/en/…holborn_covent_garden.html

Park Inn London Russell Square booking.com/hotel/gb/bonningtoninbloomsbury.…

Ruskin hotel www.booking.com/hotel/gb/ruskinhotel.en.html

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel near Proctor Street, Holborn

Citadines appartments-great location, across the road from Holburn tube and places to buy breakfast inc Eat and Pret.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,656 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel near Proctor Street, Holborn

I think with that budget you can do a little better than the Citidines. The Bloomsbury in Great Russell Street (part of the Irish Doyle chain) and The Kingsley in Bloomsbury Way have both have had recent major refurbishment and you should be able to find a deal either by going directly or by looking at sites such as hoteldoorman and laterooms. With a bit of searching you might even find a deal at the five star Renaissance Chancery Court on High Holborn, a stones throw from Procter Street.

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
90 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel near Proctor Street, Holborn

Thanks for the suggestions - just found out the budget is actually only £175 per night

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,656 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel near Proctor Street, Holborn

Just had a look at the Kingsley on hoteldoorman.com and they have singles midweek in early to mid July for exactly that...£175. Includes all taxes and breakfast.

If you want somewhere cheaper and more cosy then have a look at The Morgan, a family run B&B type place just yards from the front of the British Museum and a ten minute walk from Procter Street.

http://www.morganhotel.co.uk/

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
3,984 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel near Proctor Street, Holborn

Citidines is quite literally spitting distance from BPP. That's where I'd choose if it comes within budget. There's a recently opened branch of Villandry on the ground floor which a colleague highly recommended yesterday. Plenty of good small places to eat on Red Lion Street and a rather nice pub there called The Enterprise. Immediately north of Red Lion Street is Lamb's Conduit Street that has some fine independent shops and a very nice Spanish restaurant. If you get the time, do visit the Sir John Soanes Museum in nearby Lincoln's Inn Fields and enjoy a wander through the grounds and gardens of Gray's Inn or Lincoln's Inn.

8. Re: Hotel near Proctor Street, Holborn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2010, 05:17