Greetings! As a day trip, which would you choose to do? Which do you find more impressive or interesting? Originally, I planned to make a day to Bath part of our 4 1/2 days in England. Now, after hearing about the excitement of Hampton Court Palace, I'm a little torn. Here are my pros of each:
Hampton Court Palace:
- Entry included in the London Pass
- Travel included in the London Pass w/ travel
- Closer to London, shorter day
- Would make me feel that I saw a bit more of England than just Greater London
- Roman Baths
- Neat architecture
- Bath Abbey
- I've heard it's just a must-see
The trip would take place on a Sunday, in October. I've heard that HCP isn't as nice outside of summer. On the other hand, does Bath have enough to make it worth a day trip from London?
I will be seeing Windsor Castle and the Tower of London on separate days as well. Would HCP be a bit overkill?
Thoughts? Thanks in advance!