We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chesterfiled mayfair vs Hyatt churchil

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
philadelphia
Level Contributor
265 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Chesterfiled mayfair vs Hyatt churchil

Trying to decide between these two. Already have Hyatt booked, but keep thinking to switch to Chesterfield. My main concern is that the rooms are really small as most ppl say. What do you think? Is chesterfield better location and more British feel?

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,449 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chesterfiled mayfair vs Hyatt churchil

I think you have summed your decision up rather well.

Better location (unless you want to spend your time shopping on Oxford Street) and a more British feel versus smaller rooms and maybe fewer big hotel facilities.

I know which I would choose but I'm not you :-)

philadelphia
Level Contributor
265 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chesterfiled mayfair vs Hyatt churchil

you mean Chesterfield, right?

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for London, Brighton
Level Contributor
6,115 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chesterfiled mayfair vs Hyatt churchil

I spent last Friday at the Chesterfield Mayfair. Are you booking a double or a single? Some of the singles are small, but the doubles are fine. If you're travelling alone, I'd book a double for single use. Some rooms need updating, but they update 20% of their rooms each year, and the older wing is due for renovation this year. Location is superb, and the restaurant was very good indeed. Service is great. Overall, I was very impressed.

philadelphia
Level Contributor
265 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chesterfiled mayfair vs Hyatt churchil

We are traveling with my husband- two of us, looking at the superior room with breakfast inclusive in Chesterfield Mayfair . Price is same as Hyatt Churchill. Is it worth switching?

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,449 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chesterfiled mayfair vs Hyatt churchil

"you mean Chesterfield, right?"

I do indeed. If breakfast is included then even better.

USA
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Chesterfiled mayfair vs Hyatt churchil

If you're worried about space go with the Landmark and get a family room which are almost 600sq ft. It's attached to Marylebone tube and train station so everything is a tube stop away. I thought the services were a bit over-the-top so we just didn't use any, which wasn't a problem with all the food shops etc. in the attached train station. We liked it so much we're going back for a second stay 9 months after the first.

7. Re: Chesterfiled mayfair vs Hyatt churchil

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2010, 07:17