We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurants in Bloomsbury

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
627 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
restaurants in Bloomsbury

I am going back to London next summer. It will be my fifth visit but first time I would stay in Bloomsbury area. I know the area a liitle bit for the main attractions: British museum, British Library, ... but never had lunch or dinner around there. My prefered meal are: british, italian, french, spanish... I love bistro style, gastro pub, wine bar... I would love to discover some Londoners favorites in this area. Can you suggest some ? Thank you. I can't wait to be back in London !!!!

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurants in Bloomsbury

Just back from London, we had acouple of very enjoyable meals in-

Carluccio's- 1 The Brunswick/across the road from Russell Sq tube

Sofra restaurant-various locations, we went to the one at 36 Tavistock st Covent Garden.

Not in Bloomsbury I know, but they were too good not to mention.

Have a great trip, Kirsty

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,348 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurants in Bloomsbury

There are a handful of cafes at the Brunswick Centre, not too far from the flat you've rented. For Spanish food head to Moro at Exmouth Market (take the 19 or 38 from New Oxford Street) or Brindisa in Soho. Good eastern Mediterranean food is available at Tas, next to the Morgan Hotel at the junction of Bloomsbury Street and Great Russell Street.

The Perseverance on Lamb's Conduit Street is a decent gastropub, with the Lamb a very nice pub not far from it. Savoir Faire on New Oxford Street is one of adamhornets' choices for French food, so I'd say it's worth a go.

Edit: +1 to Kirsty's recommendation of Sofra, I quite like the food there as well. If you'd like something a little different for a night out with your husband, check out Little Bay on Farringdon Road.

Edited: 04 April 2010, 20:55
london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,329 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurants in Bloomsbury

There's a nice wine bar in Lamb's Conduit Street called Vats. Moro is excellent and Tas always reliable.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
627 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurants in Bloomsbury

Thank you very much!! WOW!! Now I have plenty of choices apart those I want to visit again! :-)

Atlantic Coast
Level Contributor
289 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurants in Bloomsbury

Russell Square Cafe is a very pleasant place to have breakfast or lunch.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
739 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: restaurants in Bloomsbury

Try vegetarian food at Sagar on a side street just off Tottenham Court Road. Another favourite of mine is Chutney's on Drummond Street, close to Euston station.

Perugia, Italy
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: restaurants in Bloomsbury

There's a branch of Patisserie Valerie at the Brunswick Centre.

UK
Level Contributor
2,891 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: restaurants in Bloomsbury

Here's another recommendation for a relaxed light meal. We have occasionally met our daughter there as she works nearby at the BM.

http://www.lrbshop.co.uk/pages.php?pageid=4

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,316 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: restaurants in Bloomsbury

Il Fornello on Southampton Row is also a good, inexpensive Italian restaurant. One of our favorites.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,316 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: restaurants in Bloomsbury

Also in Brunswick Centre is Nandos. Good chicken and the only self-service pop and ice machines we've seen in the UK. : )