We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

novotel in london.

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
brisbane
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
novotel in london.

would like to know which would be the best Novotel Hotel to stay in which is on the tube line from Heathrow airport. and located to most attractions. first time to london.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,634 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: novotel in london.

I presume you have a reason for choosing Novotel over say, the same company's budget chain Ibis?

That being the case there are really only two options -

1) The Novotel London West in Hammersmith which is a 30-35 minute straight shot tube journey on the Piccadilly line from Heathrow. It's a large bland hotel much favoured by tour groups and you are still some way from central London.

2) The Novotel St Pancras. Again the Piccadilly line will get you there without the need to change but this will take longer (55-60 minutes) as it is located on the northern edge of the city. Good spot though being next to The British Library and the tube station has five lines passing through it so you can be pretty much anywhere in tourist London with half an hour.

The Tower Bridge and Waterloo locations are also reasonably well situated but are less easy to reach by public transport from the airport.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,889 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: novotel in london.

Novotel Paddington is situated right by Paddington station and is very handy for the train to Heathrow.

Other than that it is pretty much identical to all other Novotels.

brisbane
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: novotel in london.

Thanks everyone for your info, Novotel was recommended, but Im not convinced its where I would like to stay I think the Crowne Plaza Kensington is the better location as we have talked in earlier forums, I only have 2 days there, and fly out 6am in the morning. If you have a better suggestion let me know. we are going to be there august 2010.

London
Level Contributor
3,773 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: novotel in london.

Novotel in London tend to be in Business orientated districts, none of them are in the West End theatre district for example. As such their rates are much lower at the weekend in nearly all thir sites.

If you are travelling at the weekend, the jewell in the crown option as far as sightseeing and good rates would be the Waterloo site with rates often under 100 GBP and a just a short walk from the Big Ben and London Eye.

The Novotel at Paddington sometimes does rates under 100 GBP not so much but is convenient for taking a Heathrow train.

The other main plus for Novotel is that they offer 'free' places for children in family rooms, so a Quad is no more expensive than a standard double/twin room.

If you don't have kids or are coming during the week you're probably besr look elsewhere. The Premier Inn and Holiday Inn chains are good alternatives if you are a leisure traveller.

Ruhr Valley
Level Contributor
157 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: novotel in london.

A while ago, I stayed at Novotel St. Pancras. I´d say it´s a good choice for what you are looking for. You can easily reach it from Heathrow Airport. It´s not within walking distance to the sights, but the public transport links are excellent.

Bromley
Destination Expert
for Bruges
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: novotel in london.

Just an observation.

If you have a 6:00 am flight, then staying near a tube station makes no difference in the morning you leave as it will not be running in time to get you back to Heathrow.

You will most likely need to arrange a car service. There are other threads that have details.

Ruhr Valley
Level Contributor
157 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: novotel in london.

Oh yes, I haven´t thought of that.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: novotel in london.

Crowne Plaza Kensington would be a good choice IMO, as good a location as any, very easy to get to from heathrow by tube, and an easy drive via a car service to Heathrow, at 3am or so (ouch) you can do it in 45 minutes or less.

9. Re: novotel in london.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2010, 06:17