We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5:15 AM arrival to Heathrow with 2 kids in August

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
174 posts
Save Topic
5:15 AM arrival to Heathrow with 2 kids in August

No doubt we can store our luggage at the Ambassodor Hotel in London but what do we do from there at that time of morning after breakfast. Any suggestions for first sight seeing event?

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,486 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 5:15 AM arrival to Heathrow with 2 kids in August

Go on one of the Hop On Hop Off tourist buses, go for a walk in a park, buy Travelcards at Kings Cross / St Pancras / Euston so you can use the 2-4-1 offers

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,316 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5:15 AM arrival to Heathrow with 2 kids in August

Maybe a morning London Walk (www.walks.com), then lunch. By that time you may be able to check-in to your hotel and unpack, freshen up a bit, take a short (<1 hour) nap.

Gibraltar, Europe
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5:15 AM arrival to Heathrow with 2 kids in August

It will take a while to get from Heathrow to the hotel anyway. London will be waking up.

I like to start my stay with a walk around the area to get my bearings. Is your hotel in Kensington off the Cromwell Road? If so - and the kids had slept on the plane (let's hope so) I would take a stroll to Kensington Gardens and look at the squirrels and the ducks, then i would walk along Kensington High Street

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,248 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5:15 AM arrival to Heathrow with 2 kids in August

There is also an Ambassadors on the edge of Bloomsbury near Euston station. It's much the better of the two hotels with the same name and you are only a ten minute walk from Corams Fields where the little ones can walk, run and play away the jet lag to their hearts contents. You could also visit the small but moving Foundling Museum or head back to Kings Cross and admire the treasures of the British Library.

Gibraltar, Europe
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 5:15 AM arrival to Heathrow with 2 kids in August

Ah Adam I didn't know, but really the information I meant to give regardless of the actual position of the hotel is that the OP is arriving at sunrise, so it will be light by the time thy pass through customs. They can get to central London on public transport and they can wander around and get their bearings before the tourist rush starts.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
174 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 5:15 AM arrival to Heathrow with 2 kids in August

Thanks so much for your replies. I feel better now. Our hotel is actually now City Inn Westminister.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,248 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 5:15 AM arrival to Heathrow with 2 kids in August

Talk about chalk and cheese!

Anyway the best route by public transport would be Piccadilly line to Hammersmith then change caross the platform and take any District line service to Westminster followed by a short bus ride or 10-15 minute walk. A car service would be a sensible option to consider.

If the flight is on time you should just beat the rush hour and be at the hotel by 7.30 to 8.00am.

8. Re: 5:15 AM arrival to Heathrow with 2 kids in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2010, 06:19