We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TALF pub meet Sunday May 16th

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,265 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
TALF pub meet Sunday May 16th

Come one come all.

The first of hopefully two TALF pub meet will be held at The Lamb in Bloomsbury on Sunday May 16th.

Details as follows -

The Pub - The Lamb, 94 Lamb's Conduit Street, London WC1N 3LZ

The Time - From 7.00pm. We normally try to grab one of the large tables to the back left of the pub. Look out for the TALF sign. If the weather is good then we may head for the back patio located through the main bar.

The directions - From Russell Square tube: Turn right out the tube station on Bernard Street then take the first right into Grenville Street and then left into Guilford Street. Go past the hospital and Lambs Conduit Street is the first right, you'll see the pub on the left-hand side of the road.

From Holborn tube: leave by the side exit and turn right up High Holborn. cross the road and take the first left up Red Lion Street. Walk up Red Lion Street, cross the main road and carry straight on up Lamb's Conduit Street. After a short while, you'll see the pub on your right.

http://www.fancyapint.com/pubs/pub77.php

The participants - In addition to the locals it's hoped that Foslo, Toddy04, Expatmama, Sunbird121, The Big Mog and Arf68 will come along but the more the merrier. If you have a moment to confirm below then it would be appreciated or you can contact me at adamhornets@yahoo.com

Cheers!

Level Contributor
143 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TALF pub meet Sunday May 16th

Sorry we won't get to meet up with the regular TALFers this time. We leave London on the 10th and will be celebrating husband's 65th birthday at home on the 16th. Have a great time at The Lamb on the 16th. Maybe next time....

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
8,322 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TALF pub meet Sunday May 16th

My flights home are booked and it looks like I'll get back to London around the 07th of May, so I'll see you there.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
91 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TALF pub meet Sunday May 16th

Hooray for the 16th! I'll see you lot there, then.

Considering what's going on in my adopted hometown (see Bangkok's TA forum for clues), I needed some fun news, and this was it.

In November 2009, I missed the TALF meet due to a knee injury. The only thing that might make me miss the May one is if protesters take over Bangkok's airports like in 2008!

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Amesbury, London
Level Contributor
6,704 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TALF pub meet Sunday May 16th

Yes, I was looking forward to meeting you last time, ExpatMama.

Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
103 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TALF pub meet Sunday May 16th

Excellent! Should be there, barring any unforeseen circumstances.

TBM

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
91 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TALF pub meet Sunday May 16th

Same here, Gilliganuk. I hope all goes to plan and Bangkok's airport stays clear...for my travel's sake but even more for my adopted country's!

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,265 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TALF pub meet Sunday May 16th

Weekend bump for Naej and others.

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Amesbury, London
Level Contributor
6,704 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TALF pub meet Sunday May 16th

Adam,

Was the second date in May decided?

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,265 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: TALF pub meet Sunday May 16th

Not yet. I will bump that thread as well - we have a few more days before we need to make a decision. The 26th or 27th look possibilities.

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: TALF pub meet Sunday May 16th

Thanks Adam. Will pop over from Fulham for an hour or two! Between now and then I have 2nights in Bangkok hopefully it will be "plane sailing" in and out and no delays or bover.