We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Paddington or Hilton Trafalgar Square London?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Annandale, Virginia
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton Paddington or Hilton Trafalgar Square London?

We will be in London for five days in June debarking from the Queen Mary 2...We are flying back to US. We are undecided which Hilton to stay at. Should we stay at the Paddington because it has easy to access to the airport or to Trafalgar Square Hilton which seems to be in a great location. HELP from you seasoned travelers.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,648 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Paddington or Hilton Trafalgar Square London?

Trafalgar Square because it's in a great location and it's not too difficult to get to Heathrow either - walk a couple hundred yards to Embankment station, take the Tube to Hammersmth walk 10 feet to adjacent platform then Tube to your LHR terminal (not all Piccadilly Line trains serve LHR and no one train serves all terminals). Alternatively get a car service which will be cheaper than 2 tickets on the Heathrow Express

winnipeg
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton Paddington or Hilton Trafalgar Square London?

I agree with Alanrow....Trafalgar Square is a great location. One thing though for you to consider if you are an HHonors member is that the hotel is now called The Trafalgar and I do not think they give points for staying there or recognize members for upgrades etc. as they are trying to separate that hotel from the other Hiltons for some reason.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,599 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton Paddington or Hilton Trafalgar Square London?

The Hilton Trafalgar is a bit of an odd duck, aiming to be so chic and hip it squeaks; it strikes me that it could be a smart hotel in any city rather than a property which says This Is London. Have you considered the Waldorf Hilton in the Aldwych? The location is also quite a good'un and the property seems to have a bit more of a welcoming feeling rather than aiming for minimalist cool (whatever that is).

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton Paddington or Hilton Trafalgar Square London?

<<Should we stay at the Paddington because it has easy to access to the airport or to Trafalgar Square Hilton which seems to be in a great location>>

You are going to the airport once I presume? And to the tourist sites every day?

No Brainer.

Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
Level Contributor
2,382 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton Paddington or Hilton Trafalgar Square London?

I agree with TravellerPlus; take a look at the Waldorf too.

Unless you were planning to do lots of daytrips out of Paddington (Bath, Oxford etc.), in which case Paddington is a good choice, you would need to take public transport to go to most of the tourist sights (whereas you could just walk to a great many from the other 2 Hiltons).

New Jersey
Level Contributor
33 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hilton Paddington or Hilton Trafalgar Square London?

I just stayed at the Doubletree Courthouse near Oxford Circus at the end of Carnaby St. I found the location to be great in that it was near the Underground and had easy access to the train stations as well.. I like to walk and it was about a 15 minute walk from many areas of interest. I walked back from the theatre at night. Consider this site as well.

Canada
Level Contributor
4,415 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hilton Paddington or Hilton Trafalgar Square London?

I chose the Hilton Paddington because we are only there for one night and access to the Heathrow Express was a huge plus.

Also the Paddington was a bit cheaper:)

8. Re: Hilton Paddington or Hilton Trafalgar Square London?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2010, 05:16