We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help with travel

Sydney, Australia
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need help with travel

Hi I am a 32 year old female planning to travel to Europe next year around September I will be travelling on my own and have not travelled overseas before. I need help on what travel companies would be best suited for me the more i research the more confused i get. I would like to travel with people similar ages to me or similar intrests I do not want to party my way through the countries though i would not mind a few drinks here and there and maybe one or two bigger nights out. i mostly want to see France and italy concentrating on Paris, The south of France , Rome FlorenceTuscany i am also planning on going to Scotland and Ireland. I would like to have a tour for Italy and France and hope to be able to see as much as i can but with enough time to spend at each place. The whole 10 countries in 15 days is not for me. I have been looking at intrepid, kumuka, contiki. Can anyone offer me some advice or other companies that are good to travel with?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,173 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help with travel

bump

West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help with travel

The good news is that a lot of Australians do this every summer so the information should be available.

First, also repeat your questions to the appropriate forums of TNT Magazine, which is a magazine for Australians visiting Britain and Europe

www.tntmagazine.com/forums/default.aspx…

and also have a look at their travel section

http://www.tntmagazine.com/travel/

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,316 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help with travel

I don't see London on your list - surely an oversight!!! : )

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,699 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help with travel

You have already identified the kinds of company that I would think are best suited to your kind of travel - Contiki, Intrepid. You could also add Explore and Exodus. Basically it all depends on what itinerary you fancy. I can vouch for Explore, Exodus and Intrepid from personal experience. They have the benefit of allowing you to travel in a smallish group, and manage the arrangements for you - the downside is that you are on a given itinerary,you cannot explore off the beaten track so easily and you might get the Group from Hell, although this is unlikely. As you have not been abroad before I would consider one of these - it will give you the confidence to come back and tackle areas in depth in the future. I do think they might be a bit basic for a seasoned traveller - I would not use them for UK/US/Europe but maybe for some particularly difficult area where the language and culture is totally alien or the travelling is difficult - through Mongolia, Tibet or parts of South America for example, but I have travelled solo since a pup so am fairly self reliant.

Edited: 04 May 2010, 18:26
Sydney, Australia
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help with travel

Thankyou for all your advice everyone. I will prob spend a couple of days in London but was not somewhere I really wanted to concentrate on. cheers

Edited: 05 May 2010, 11:11
6. Re: Need help with travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2010, 04:18