We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tower of London tour

Burlington, New...
Level Contributor
232 posts
Save Topic
Tower of London tour

My wife wants to try a London Walks Tower of London experience.

I can't find any comments about this tour, wondering why?

Has anyone here ever tried it, they advertise a reduced entrance fee and line jumping as well.

joe

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,461 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tower of London tour

This might be one of the rare times that it might not be worth taking a London Walks walk. The guided tours run by the Yeoman Warders are included in your normal admission price and unless you turn up at a very busy time the lines shouldn't be too bad.

Having said that it is rare to find a poor guide. Maybe send them an e-mail asking how much discount they offer?

Burlington, New...
Level Contributor
232 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tower of London tour

Absolutely Adam, this just might turn out to be as you say.

The price of admission thru London Walks will be 13GBP with a guides fee of 8 GBP. The choice will probably turn out to be a game time decision. The tour is set at 2PM and if the crowds at that time warrant line jumping then I just might go their way.

Thanks Adam,

joe

Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tower of London tour

Just tried this London Walks tour yesterday. While I have been on a number of their walks, they are best left for your first quick introduction to a large space, like the British Museum or National Gallery. IMHO, the Yeoman tour is good and it's easy to follow free map through the other displays. Enjoy!

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,316 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tower of London tour

I think I'd be more inclined to do the Tower of London without London Walks. If you get to the Tower when it opens in the morning, the crowds and queues aren't bad. It's best to head to the Jewel Tower first to see the crown jewels. Then, head back to the front gates and pick up one of the free Yeoman Warder tours. You'll also want to allow time after the tour to explore the Tower on your own - the Yeoman Warder tours don't actually go into the towers (but takes you into the chapel, which you only get to see on the tour.)

5. Re: Tower of London tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2010, 06:27