We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel for family of 4

PGZ
ARLINGTON, VA
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Topic
hotel for family of 4

Hello,

Can any body please advice me where to start , looking for hotel or apartment for 4 days in london , for family of 4 (2 kids age 13,8 )

Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,233 reviews
from US$125.50*
Best Seller
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
437 reviews
from US$104.30*
Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,069 reviews
from US$148.10*
Best Seller
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
624 reviews
from US$100.10*
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,588 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel for family of 4

We can help, but we need more information, please and thank you.

When do you plan to be in London? Will you and the family fly to and from Heathrow, another London airport or travel to / from the city by rail - and if so which station? Have you been to London before? Is this part of a longer holiday in the UK or will you carry on to another city outside England after leaving London?

And .... have you a budget (in ££, please) in mind?

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,978 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel for family of 4

Privately owned apartments generally only rent for a week although aparthotels such as the Citidines chain will rent by the night. Budget chains such as Premier Inn could well be worth a look. Family rooms with one large bed, a sofa bed and a put me up generally run between £100 and £140 per night depending on location and day of the week. Breakfast is extra but the kids would eat for free.

To really help though we would please need more information such as dates, arrival and departure points and most importantly, your budget.

West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel for family of 4

And again, I'm going to suggest university accommodation if it's during the university vacation, i.e. summertime. It's reasonably inexpensive, clean and safe, and often in central locations.

PGZ
ARLINGTON, VA
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel for family of 4

Hi again

We going to fly to london from USA, and leave by EUROSTAR to paris. It;s family vacation . i ve been in london before but not my family, so, I want to get most out of our time there. looking for a hotel in good area close to attraction but family area , not very expensive (less than 200 dollars). Was looking and just found LONDON ELIZABETH hotel . any suggestion ? please help ? which area is good ? Hyde Park area ??

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,588 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel for family of 4

Given your budget I think you need to consider the Uni accommodation Glyn1 mentioned; if you find it to your liking book soon. www.lsevacations.co.uk

Alternately, see what rate you can find for your travel dates at the Premier Inn Kensington in Knaresborough Place or PI in Euston Road; if you can book a room for £89 - 99 a night it would be worth snapping up. The PI in Euston Road is very near St Pancras for the Eurostar; another PI worth considering is the property in York Way.

Have a look at some of the Gower Street hotels too: the Arosfa, Jesmond, Ridgemount and Arran House. All have clean, safe and comfortable rooms with good breakfasts, have great bus connections and aren't far from St Pancras.

PGZ
ARLINGTON, VA
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel for family of 4

thanks

other main consideration is to be close to metro, or underground too

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,588 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel for family of 4

Access to the Underground isn't difficult to achieve in central London, but buses are a very good addition to the Tube.

The PIs I mentioned are all within five minutes' or less walk to an Underground station. Gower Street has better bus service than the Tube, although Goodge Street and Euston Square stations are within a very short walk from the hotels.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,978 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotel for family of 4

If the Elizabeth Hotel you are looking at is the one by Lancaster Gate tube then it certainly is in a decent location with the expanse of Hyde park on your doorstep and excellent public transport links.

It does seem to divide opinion though. The reviews are varied and some are very poor however a regular visitor who I meet up with every trip uses it as his budget hotel of choice and loves the friendly welcome and the old fashioned feel.

Certainly worth considering although I'd go with The Premier Inn as my first choice.

PGZ
ARLINGTON, VA
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: hotel for family of 4

Thanks, but the review was not good, so I'm not sure about it .

PGZ
ARLINGTON, VA
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: hotel for family of 4

HI again, i was looking for PREMIER INN hotal in VICTORIA LONDON one, and has importanat info as this hotel has only shower ?/what do they mean ??