We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Borough Market

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
233 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Borough Market

I visited the Borough Market (under London Bridge) on Saturday and was amazed at the variety of stalls. It's a food market with things from all over the globe. There are also lots of stalls to buy ready cooked items to go, almost everyone was walking around eating something.

It's definitely worth a visit.

Polly

SYD-LON-MUC
Destination Expert
for Honeymoons and Romance, Richmond, Bondi, Katoomba
Level Contributor
4,161 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Borough Market

Let us know how you get on... : )

Beanweb's shortbread cookie sandwich just sounds sooooo good...

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Borough Market

Kappacasein indeed has the best cheese sandwich ever. Well worth the effort to venture across the river. Be careful when you eat the sandwich, though, because it drips. Never mind, the jacket is washable, and old, and reversible. I would have loved to taste some of the baked goods, but after the sandwich and a bit of chocolate from the stand next to it. .. ..

The cathedral was an added treat.

thanks to all.

chani

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,241 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Borough Market

Glad you enjoyed the sandwich and the trip to the market/cathedral. My trouble when I got mine was it was so hot I almost dropped it. I think the trick is to ask for extra napkins.

Good to meet you last night and have fun in Paris.

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,982 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Borough Market

Last year I went to Burrough Market en route to Brighton so there wasnt time for eating just buying and looking around. This toasted sandwich is tempting me to do another trip down - it was early on a saturday so wasnt too crowded yet. Is Kappacasein there on a Thursday as well and perhaps in a different area. I will either go down on a Thursday or Friday.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Borough Market

According to the website beaweb24 posted above, they are there on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, but in a different location each day.

They did give me enough napkins to hold the hot hot sandwich, but not enough to catch the drips.

46. Re: Borough Market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2011, 05:15