We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ash Insurance Coverage Through Travelex

Succasunna, NJ
Level Contributor
344 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
Ash Insurance Coverage Through Travelex

I just purchased an insurance policy through Travelex which covers any interruptions caused by the ash. According to their website you must choose those polices underwritten by Nationwide in order to receive the coverage. I understand they were one of the few companies who honored their policies during the initial ash eruptions. Hopefully, w will never have to use this for our trip in mid July, but just in case.......

Manchester
Level Contributor
780 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ash Insurance Coverage Through Travelex

This may apply if you buy in the US....

....but in the UK Travelex resell InsureAndGo policies. These were amongst the first to refuse to cover ash disruption, and I have had personal experience of missellling by InsureAndGo. Avoid if you are buying in the UK.

2. Re: Ash Insurance Coverage Through Travelex

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2010, 06:18