We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TALF Christmas Party December 27th

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,631 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
TALF Christmas Party December 27th

I have just spoken to the manager of The Lamb and the upstairs room is available for the evening of December 27th. The cost of the room hire would be £30.00 but this will allow us to invite younger children who would normally not be allowed in the main pub.

I propose asking for £2.00 from each adult and if we have money left over we can put it towards some drinks (or maybe some of the new TA apparel which has just gone on sale!). I do hope you think this is fair and I would appreciate your acceptance either by replying to this post or by e-mailing me at the address at the end of this post.

Location - The Lamb, 94 Lambs Conduit Street, London WC1 at 7.00pm.

Directions: From Russell Square tube turn right out the tube station on Bernard Street then take the first right into Grenville Street and then left into Guilford Street. Go past the hospital and Lambs Conduit Street is the first right, you'll see the pub on the left-hand side of the road.

From Holborn tube leave by the side exit and turn right up High Holborn. cross the road and take the first left up Red Lion Street. Walk up Red Lion Street, cross the main road and carry straight on up Lamb's Conduit Street. After a short while, you'll see the pub on your right.

So far the following have indicated that they hope to attend -

Adam and Mrs Hornets

Mick67

EmParr

Travelfun and family

gillianerinn and Mum

georgeabbot2004

georgeglass

Teacher Di

rhettrolly

collegetrekker

angelislington

Everyone else is more than welcome.

adamhornets@yahoo.com

Northern Kentucky
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: TALF Christmas Party December 27th

I still haven't gotten my class itenerary. I know that the 27th is the first day we are in london. I am hoping to come though and will let you know as soon as I find out. If I do get to come I may have one or two people with me.

-Christin:)

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
346 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TALF Christmas Party December 27th

I am still planning on attending. I may be bringing others also. My schedule seems to be open at this point. I don't mind pitching in to cover the room cost either. Is the TA apparel specific to London? I had considered making a shirt myself if I found the time and money to do so. I had a design in mind and everything. Maybe the offcial stuff would be better.

Topeka, KS, USA
Level Contributor
546 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TALF Christmas Party December 27th

Mr Pere and I are sick with envy. We had such a good time at The Lamb in early November! We never imagined that we would meet a TALFer from California who knows our son-in-law who lives in Minnesota!

EmParr, we were so sorry you werent there.

Adam, tell us more about the official TALF apparel. Is it only available to those at the Christmas party?

Seattle
Level Contributor
9,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TALF Christmas Party December 27th

There's a sticky at the very top of this forum regarding Trip Advisor apparel and other items. If you can't find the sticky, here's the website it refers to:

http://www.cafepress.com/tripadvisor

Canada
Level Contributor
4,971 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TALF Christmas Party December 27th

Gosh I land in London at 6.30am on the 27th. At the moment I am heading for Milton Keynes where my sister-in-law lives - but that could change!

How tempting!!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
228 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TALF Christmas Party December 27th

Adam, I am more than happy to pitch in for the cost of the room. I will be there with my son (18) who is looking forward to sampling some Young's. I do hope there will be some Winter Warmer on tap! Imagine it will be pretty chilly; maybe even a little snow? Today in Phoenix it was about 70 degrees F. (is that about 20 C.? I still can't figure it out). Did some Christmas shopping in a tee shirt and jeans; had to leave my jacket in the car because it got too warm. Kind of makes up for July and August when it's a hundred and ten (on a cool day). See you soon!

Torrance, California
Level Contributor
114 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TALF Christmas Party December 27th

Hello

I don't post often, but I sure read the forum a lot! My nephew and I will be in London Christmas week, so it sounds like the perfect opportunity to visit The Lamb and meet people. More than happy to contribute to the room charge also. We'll definitely try to be there. Thanks!

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
112 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: TALF Christmas Party December 27th

My mom and I are in!

Gillian

Burbank, CA
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: TALF Christmas Party December 27th

Adam,

I am more than happy to pitch in also. My friend and I will definitely be there. Looking forward to it! Thanks for the directions too.

Diana

London, UK
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: TALF Christmas Party December 27th

Adam,

Any chance of some name badges - bit corporate/workshop I know. But it looks as though it's going to be a night to remember....any thoughts about some bouncers ?

EmP