We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DONT USE www.stanstedmeetandgreetparking.co.uk

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
DONT USE www.stanstedmeetandgreetparking.co.uk

I recently used this company and returned to find my car had done 67 miles and left me with virtually no petrol to get home.

The company could not give an explanation as to why.

They did state it should only have done 37 miles from/to the 'secure' facility.

Use the BAA service, it may be a little more expensive but at least you know they are not joyriding your car around Essex.

Mentioned in this post
Essex
Essex
England, UK
Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
5,388 Reviews
from US$125.70*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath, Pub...
2,148 Reviews
from US$128.40*
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros. Studio: The Making of...
540 Reviews
from US$113.40*
Groomsport, United...
Level Contributor
1,626 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DONT USE www.stanstedmeetandgreetparking.co.uk

ask them to refund you the booking!

Edited: 04 June 2010, 18:57
Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,479 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DONT USE www.stanstedmeetandgreetparking.co.uk

You story needs more details. Did you note the mileage with them when you left your vehicle? Did you note the gas levels?

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,487 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: DONT USE www.stanstedmeetandgreetparking.co.uk

You need to look into this further, and speak with someone at the company. I find it incredible that they would park your car 37 miles away--is that stated anywhere? Meet and greet services make their money meeting cars all day. They are not going to meet many if they have to drive an hour round trip to drop off you car and get back to the airport to meet another. 3.7 miles sounds more reasonable. I mean, gosh, 37 miles takes you nearly into London!

Call, ask to speak to a manager, and express your concerns--calmly.

Let us know how it works out.

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,388 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: DONT USE www.stanstedmeetandgreetparking.co.uk

Their T&C does say 'up to 50 miles' (total) for the distance the car may travel in their possession.

I suppose taking it to a secure park 25 miles away is better than dumping it at the roadside on the airport perimeter which hearsay says some companies do.

Edited: 04 June 2010, 21:27
London
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: DONT USE www.stanstedmeetandgreetparking.co.uk

Thanks for your comments, even if it does say 50 miles, they took it for a 67 mile jaunt.

YES I did log the mileage and gas level on the form and NO they still have not refunded me.

Bunch of COWBOYS, use at your peril.

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: DONT USE www.stanstedmeetandgreetparking.co.uk

You trusted your car to a company who's web site has no address or land line phone number !!!!

Cambs
Level Contributor
628 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: DONT USE www.stanstedmeetandgreetparking.co.uk

The local TV news has occasionally had items about Stansted parking firms that use farmyards for car parking without having planning permission. When the authorities check up on this the cars are then removed somewhere else. Perhaps the OP's car has been on such a voyage of discovery?

Mentioned in this post
Stansted Airport
Stansted Airport
Stansted Mountfitchet, UK
UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: DONT USE www.stanstedmeetandgreetparking.co.uk

<<Perhaps the OP's car has been on such a voyage of discovery?>>

Or maybe used for something else? A friend once found some shopping (that wasnt his!) in his car when it was returned (not this company as his was out of gatwick). I guess if you work for one of these companies you don't need to own a car yourself !

England
Level Contributor
221 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: DONT USE www.stanstedmeetandgreetparking.co.uk

I've heard numerous stories about cars being parked in trading estates or on the side of the road by some of these so call airport parking companies. I only use a car park where I park my own car and take my keys with me so I know no one is going to move it. It may cost a little more but in my mind worth the extra for the peace of mind.

10. Re: DONT USE www.stanstedmeetandgreetparking.co.uk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2010, 05:16