We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London walking tour

california
Level Contributor
818 posts
1 review
Save Topic
London walking tour

HI, we will arrive London around 1pm and was wondering if there are walking tours that we can join as we are adjusting to the new time zone. If there is one that we don't have to pre-book but we can just show up at designated place and pay a fee after the tour.

Thanks

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,370 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London walking tour

There are indeed daytime walks; have a look at the link below for just a few of them.

walks.com/London_Walks_Home/…default.aspx

London
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London walking tour

I've been on a few of the london walking tours. They cost £8 and last about 2 hours. There are several a day and you just show up at the tube station you need to meet at for that particular tour. Check out their website to see the tours you can choose from for the day you want.

http://www.walks.com/

A lot of the guides are actors so they're really animated.

california
Level Contributor
818 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: London walking tour

Thanks Travellerplus and AuroraborealisLondon for the feedbacks. Iam looking at a Friday afternoon walks. I have to look into which will appeal to a 14 years old child as well. thanks again.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
72 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: London walking tour

I was looking for the same thing, these look great, thanks!!

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,316 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: London walking tour

An afternoon London Walks walk is something we do quite often on our first day in London. They're always interesting and a good way to keep moving when jet-lag starts to hit.

California
Level Contributor
681 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: London walking tour

Agreed..London Walks are the best. I know they have a "Jack the Ripper" one that may appeal to a teenager..not sure of the time.

california
Level Contributor
818 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: London walking tour

Thanks for all the replies. I am kind of interested in the pub walk- although it might not be appropriate for a 14 years old I think.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
72 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: London walking tour

I like how they run tours morning, noon & night so we should be able to work one in somewhere during our trip. I really like the idea of taking one when we first arrive to get over the jet lag. We did that in Ireland & the fresh air & walking after sitting on a plane for so long really helped perk us up (well the giant coffees didn't hurt either:)

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: London walking tour

Hi, just to let you know that there are quite a few walking tour companies in London, plus Jogging Tour companies too if you are feeling energetic! Google 'City Jogging Tour London'....they cater for all abilites....

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: London walking tour

Hi, just to let you know that there are quite a few walking tour companies in London, plus Jogging Tour companies too if you are feeling energetic! Google 'City Jogging Tour London'....they cater for all abilites....