We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How Much Money???

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
18 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
How Much Money???

Me and 2 of my mates are off to London on 20th Dec for 2 nights and while we're there we're going to see Duran Duran at Earl's Court.

It's been a good few years since I've been to London and I'm wondering how much cash to take with me. I'm thinking of £200. Hotel bill will be settled on my credit card as I've already paid for the first night and my mates have paid me their money. Flights are paid for.

All we have to pay for is the Stansted Express train and our 3 day tube/bus pass.

We will be eating out during the day and maybe go out for a nice meal one night. Then we're at the concert the other night.

Do you think £200 will do the job?

Cheers

JB

London
Level Contributor
938 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How Much Money???

How long is a piece of string.......

Obviously we don't know how much you are going to spend on lunches or drinks but personally if you're eating out both days as well as drinking and transfers I think you may need a bit more than 200. But...I'm never one to do things the budget way!

London
Level Contributor
938 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How Much Money???

I should have said though, that if you are willing to eat and drink cheaply, not visit expensive tourist attractions etc then it absolutely can be done on £200. However much you end up spending I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How Much Money???

In cash £50 should do as everything you have listed could be paid for by CC

London, United...
Level Contributor
981 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: How Much Money???

If you stay away from the top class hotels and restaurants then food/drink generally in London is not that much more than Blackpool, what would you spend at home for eats in 3 days in high summer ? just add a bit for unforseen extras then if you do get stuck use your credit card - accepted every where in London - just like Blackpool