We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Recommendations

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
83 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Recommendations

I am looking for a great restaurant near the theatre district. I have a lot of guidebooks and have seen a lot of lists online but I would love to hear from someone first hand. I am always looking for that hidden gem. Thinking about Italian but open to anything if it's special. I live in Chicago with a lot of great restaurants-when I travel I love to find something special that I can't find at home.

Also any suggestions for an authentic English pub-we will be touring all over London so any area would be great. My last time in London, it seemed like all the pubs were touristy chains-I guess I was looking in the wrong place :)

Thanks so much!

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
8,331 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

Without knowing your budget it's tough to know what you're looking for but I'll throw a few names in to start us off. At the middle price bracket I'd say that Mon Plaisir (French) and Da Mario (Italian) in Covent Garden are two good ones. If you're looking to spend more then the famous Clos Maggiore is probably one to think about.

A few of my favourite pubs are: Churchill Arms in Notting Hill Gate, The Victoria in Paddington, The Seven Stars round the back of the law courts near Fleet Street, The Star Tavern in Belgravia, The Duke in Holborn, and The Three Kings in Clerkenwell.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
345 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

Would highly recommend Sophies Steakhouse, Covent Garden. We went here on a recent trip to London and the food was delicious and the deserts were georgous. We also went to Browns Restaurant and Bar also in Covent Garden which was very nice also.

3. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2010, 07:17