We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does anyone know Irent Rentals ?

Hafnarfjordur...
Level Contributor
146 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Does anyone know Irent Rentals ?

After being scamed out of 380 pounds I am very suspicious of all rental web sites, do you know anything about this one ?

http://irentapartment.net/index.html

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,356 Reviews
from US$131.10*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,127 Reviews
from US$139.80*
US$155.40
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
512 Reviews
from US$118.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
477 Reviews
from US$349.20*
London
Level Contributor
154 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Does anyone know Irent Rentals ?

You can't rent a 2 bedroom apartment in Mayfair for £450 per week. Therefore I would suggest it's a complete scam.

There's also a property in Berkerley (sic) square that has views over a lake, hmmmmmm

Hafnarfjordur...
Level Contributor
146 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does anyone know Irent Rentals ?

Thanks, I am getting a bit stressed about this rental apartment marked. Very difficult to know who's ledgit and who's a scam.

Like this website: http://london.craigslist.co.uk/vac/ lot of good apartment deals there but who's real and who's scam ?

I found the apartment that was a scam and stole my money from that website.

London
Level Contributor
154 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Does anyone know Irent Rentals ?

Well please suggest when you are planning to stay, what your budget is, how many people are in your party and what areas you would like to stay in.

With more speciifc information the members can help you further.

Most of the scams I see have prices that are just way too low. To give you an idea a 2 bedroom serviced apartment in Mayfair would cost at least £300 per night.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
23,175 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does anyone know Irent Rentals ?

tbh there are some sites including the one you've mentioned which seem to be rife with scammers. Your best bet is to read the sticky on this site and stick to reputable letting agents. You can also use the rentals tab on this site for reviews and do some searching from there. caveat emptor.

Hafnarfjordur...
Level Contributor
146 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Does anyone know Irent Rentals ?

Thanks for the info.

I am OK with any area of Central London, within tube distance. We are 5, parents and 3 kids. The budget is a bit tight since a big chunk of our vacation money is lost to the scammers. But it seems to me that an apartment is about our only choice since we are 5. There are not many hotel rooms that fit a family of 5.

Price range would be anything under 120 a night since that is about half of my months wages, which seems a lot for 9 days rent.

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
8,738 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Does anyone know Irent Rentals ?

"There's also a property in Berkerley (sic) square that has views over a lake"

And the lake appears to be somewhere in the Middle East... Dubai by the looks of it. What are all the pictures of Venice in there for by the way?

Sera: DO NOT look at rentals on Craigslist, Gumtree etc, there are FAR more scammers on there than genuine properties.

How to avoid being scammed? Do what Parkandwalk suggests and only use well known property agents with proven track records... increase your budget too, £450 will not get you a posh flat for a week in London. ONLY pay by credit card, never by bank transfer or wire transfer.

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,938 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Does anyone know Irent Rentals ?

try www.hamletuk.com - small apartment rental agency located near the Tower of London and St. Katherine's docks.

never wire transfer any money EVER! Only deal with agencies that take a credit card.

London, United...
Level Contributor
223 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Does anyone know Irent Rentals ?

Ha, their 'Mayfair' flat has palm trees growing outside and you can see a harbour complete with yachts from the 'Kensington' flat's balcony. Steer well clear!

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
23,175 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Does anyone know Irent Rentals ?

Sites which get mentione on here - mostly with good reports include:

http://www.ivylettings.com/

http://www.vrbo.com/

http://www.aplacelikehome.co.uk/home.aspx

You could also look at citadines (aparthotel) and Templeton aparthotel, booked through booking.com

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
57,460 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Does anyone know Irent Rentals ?

Góðan daginn.

I'm sorry to hear you were scammed, £380 is a substantial sum to lose, so that must have hurt. And if you want to hang on to your ISK, don't book from Irent, as they seem to have placed Cromwell Road SW5 in Crystal Palace - which is actually in southeast London. Not to mention that property in Berkerley Square overlooking a lake in Dubai.

When do you need the flat, sera, and how long will you stay in London? Are you looking for a studio or one bedroom property? And ... have you a budget in mind?

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates