We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Islington to Wembley Arena

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
263 posts
Save Topic
Islington to Wembley Arena

Any advice on the best mode of transport for this trip? Looks like it may take a fair bit of time on the tube. Would a taxi be very expensiive you think? Is there a way to get an estimate on the cost of the trip somewhere or would I just have to ask the driver?

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,234 reviews
from US$140.15*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
1,957 reviews
from US$144.27*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
515 reviews
from US$97.56*
Likely To Sell Out
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
814 reviews
from US$97.56*
Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
2,617 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Islington to Wembley Arena

Depends where in Islington you are starting from. Anywhere near Highbury or other North London Line stations you could take the Overground and change at West Hampstead or Willesden Junction

London
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Islington to Wembley Arena

It is a reasonable journey by tube, take the Victoria line from Highbury/Islington station to Kings Cross, then change for the Metropolitan line to Wembley Park. (Make sure it is a train that is stoppping there). From Wembley Park station it is about a 10 min walk or less to the arena.

But before you embark on the journey make sure there are no tube closures especially if at weekend.

Go to: www.tfl.gov.uk

You will be able to find out about closures quite easily on there.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
263 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Islington to Wembley Arena

Thank you. I see that it isn't so complicated, I guess it's just further than I am used to. Don't venture outside zones 1 and 2 much. Though it will be a Thursday, I will check for closures/disruptions. Thanks again, E~

london
Level Contributor
8,928 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Islington to Wembley Arena

Kings Cross to Wembley Park is about 20 minutes on the Met Line

5. Re: Islington to Wembley Arena

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2010, 06:16