We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stansted on a Sunday morning

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan
Level Contributor
20 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Stansted on a Sunday morning

I am hoping to get some advice on a sunday morning transfer from Stansted Airport.

I am staying in Tower Hill area. I know that the Stansted Express to Liverpool Street Station is clearly the quickest route. It is also the most expensive. Given that my flight arrives at 9:30 on a Sunday morning, would a coach be just as quick?

Also, for a return out of Stansted on a Tuesday morning around 9am, I am assuming that the Stansted Express is the quickest and most reliable?

Advice is appreciated.

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,588 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stansted on a Sunday morning

I think a coach would probably only take just about an hour on a Sunday morning.

Have a look at the National Express website

www.nationalexpress.com/coach/index.cfm

London
Level Contributor
9,704 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stansted on a Sunday morning

The direct coach to Liverpool St is operated by Terravision. On a Sunday, the traffic will be light everywhere except - ironically - at Liverpool St. It can get a bit crowded around that area on Sunday morning due to nearby Peticoat Lane market. Nevertheless, I would take coach on Sunday.

For rush hour travel on Tuesday, train would be the better option. (Though as you have noticed, it will cost more).

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stansted on a Sunday morning

If you are traveling at the weekend make sure the train is running. There isn't a morning service on Sunday 11th July. In this case they will put you on a coach and still charge the train fare.

https://www.stanstedexpress.com/secure/engineeringwork.asp?SID={20D5DCAF-1772-4A40-950D-829EA8B3F541}

Michigan
Level Contributor
20 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stansted on a Sunday morning

Wow, great info. I hadn't realized that the train doesn't run on Sunday. I would hate to have paid the train fare for a coach ride.

I have been to London many times, but not in the past decade. I must say that the transit prices have gone up astronomically, and the system seems more confusing. For transit in London, we will be in Zones 1 and 2 except for one occasion that we visit relatives in Ealing (zone 3). I am thinking of doing Oyster for me and my wife, but it seems like a travelcard for my 11 year old may be cheaper. To get a youth Oyster card, one would have to apply for a photocard three weeks in advance. Crazy! As I understand it, my 8 year old is free with an adult on tube and busses.

Thanks again for the info.

5. Re: Stansted on a Sunday morning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2010, 06:17