We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meeting Up at LHR

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Meeting Up at LHR

My mom and I will be flying in to LHR the beginning of August on separate flights, I should be flying in to T1 (Air New Zealand) at 11 am, and she should be flying in to T4 (Delta) at 12. I was wondering if I am able to catch the shuttle bus to T4 to meet her after I'm through customs, or if there is a better place for us to meet. We'll be catching the 285 bus from T1-T3. Thanks!

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,260 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meeting Up at LHR

No need to catch a bus. There is a free train that runs every 20 minutes or so between the two terminals. Just follow the signs for Heathrow Connect and Heathrow Express and don't catch a train heading to central London!

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meeting Up at LHR

The bus is to get to our hotel, just 2 stops from the airport. I won't have any problems getting from T1 to T4, even though I don't have a connecting flight?

London
Level Contributor
184 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Meeting Up at LHR

Once you have cleared customs you are free to go wherever you like.

As Adam has mentioned, there is a free train from T1 to T4. From T1 arrivals walk straight ahead and you will see a set of lifts down to the trains. Get the train to T4 to meet your Mum. You will both then need to to the reverse journey back to the central bus station at T1-T3.

SYD-LON-MUC
Destination Expert
for Honeymoons and Romance, Richmond, Bondi, Katoomba
Level Contributor
4,161 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Meeting Up at LHR

no problems whatsoever.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Meeting Up at LHR

Wonderful! Thanks so much for your posts!

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,436 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Meeting Up at LHR

Why not arrange to meet somewhere in T4 such as Costa Coffee which is close to where she will exit from customs, then you won't be wandering about trying to find each other if one or other of you aer delayed. See the map on www.heathrowairport.com/ under airport information/places to eat.

7. Re: Meeting Up at LHR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2010, 06:18