We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London Ladies Weekend

midlands england
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Topic
London Ladies Weekend

16th July- 8 ladies travelling via virgin trains (trying for a free 1st Class upgrade but not looking good yet) to London for a pre wedding party. Staying Marriott Swish Cottage.

1. Is it 2 changes we make from Euston to Swish Cottage underground.jubileee and victoria or cheaper in taxi

2. Ideas please for activies that come f'ree we could do for a couple of hours Saturday morning before going to Clardges for tea

3.Swish Cottage to Skylon Resturant. best way to get there ?

4. any recommended bars near hotel worth visiting. So looking forward to weekend

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
8,331 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London Ladies Weekend

1: You can do it with 2 changes from Euston, or you can walk 5 minutes to Euston Square (on the Circle Line) and do it with one change. King's Cross / St Pancras, also on the Circle Line is within 5 mins walk too. With 8 of you, I think 2 taxis is probably cheaper that the tube fare... Swiss Cottage isn't far away so if you split the taxi fare (Around £10 I'm guessing) 4 ways, it's pretty cheap.

2: British Museum? Maybe the National Gallery? Both are free.

3: Jubilee line tube (it's running on your visit dates) to Embankment, then walk across the Thames on the footbridges outside the tube station to get to Skylon. Waterloo station is slightly nearer, but it's a grotty walk to save 3 minutes, opposed to the majestic walk over the river with all of it's views.

4: No good bars that I know of in Swiss Cottage... I only know the Swiss Cottage pub, surrounded by traffic and serving awful Sam Smiths fayre. Probably better to head into town for drinks.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,312 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London Ladies Weekend

Before making your way to Claridge's, take a bus along Finchley Road, say towards Oxford Circus, and alight at Paddington Street. Wander over to Marylebone High Street and see if there's anything of interest there; alternately head to the Wallace Collection for a quick look at some beautiful things before having tea.

And although I think the name Swish Cottage is fabbo, the station is actually called Swiss Cottage. : - )

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
8,331 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London Ladies Weekend

It is... lending a bit of "swish" to a corner of London which isn't really. Though it was in the 70's when Pete and Dud tried that old phone exchange swindle with their girlfriends. :-)

midlands england
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: London Ladies Weekend

Thank you

midlands england
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: London Ladies Weekend

Many thanks

6. Re: London Ladies Weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2011, 06:18