We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Evan Evans Bus Tours

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
East Brunswick, New...
Level Contributor
25 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Evan Evans Bus Tours

Just returned from 4 nights in London and 5 in Paris. One of the many highlights of our trip was the bus tour from London Victoria Coach Station to Windsor, Stonehenge and Oxford via Evan Evans Bus Tours.

Our tour bus was full with many age ranges and nationalities aboard. Our party of 8 ranged in ages from 18 to 58 and we all enjoyed the day.

One of the things that made the tour so enjoyable was our tour guide Rich. He was extremely knowledgeable about the sights, which one would expect. He also made visitors feel personally welcomed and appreciated.

Vitoria, ES
Level Contributor
122 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Evan Evans Bus Tours

Nice to hear this. I´m goingo to London next week and I´m thinking to buy one toru to Cotswold and Oxford. How did you buy this tour ? Just and the day before or Do I need to reserv with some days antecipation ? As this tour is expensiv did you c ompare with go direct by train ? did you think that cost benefits it was OK ?

Thanks from answering

East Brunswick, New...
Level Contributor
25 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Evan Evans Bus Tours

Hello,

We reserved 2 days ahead of time for this tour. We thought of going via other transportation, but since there were 8 of us and the underground passes we used did not go to the zones so far outside London anyway it seemed like it was worth the extra price. After 4 days of hoofing through the heat, buses and underground it was heavenly not to have to think! WE just sat back and enjoyed the ride and commentary and interaction.

They did offer a more expensive tour with more included, but what we liked about this was we did not HAVE to buy or even enter the places they took you. One group chose not to go up close to Stonehenge, but viewed it from the parking lot without paying the extra. Of course, Oxford was free, but Rich the tour guide did a tour for those that were interested at no extra charge.

We had bought the London pass and chose to use that for Windsor Castle instead of buying admission through Evan Evans and they were fine with that.

The admission prices they were charging were a bit less than what was advertised at each place (Stonehenge and Windsor).

I would definitely book ahead, just to make sure you get the tour you want. We did not because being 8 we really weren't sure until we got there what our schedule would be. In fact, when we got to Paris a few days later, some of the tours we tried were already booked and we had to make other arrangement.

If you wait until you get there, we went to the London Visitor Center to buy our London passes and this is where we booked the tour. Check their website-i just googled Evan Evans bus tours and their site came right up.

Happy touring!

3. Re: Evan Evans Bus Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2011, 07:33