We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UK trip report June 2010 (long)

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Illinois
Level Contributor
16,207 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
UK trip report June 2010 (long)

Here is my trip report from our June 2010 trip.

Stuck in North Texas
Level Contributor
729 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: UK trip report June 2010 (long)

btgm,

Just had to say that I loved your trip report! And especially, your dry sense of humor. You made me laugh more than once. Thanks for taking the time to write the review. We are planning to visit Cardiff and perhaps somewhere else in Wales in early October and enjoyed reading of your experiences. Sorry about the B&B that "stood you up" and we definitely won't reserve with them.

Best wishes for you and your daughter. You are both lucky to have each other and all the memories you are making!

Carol

Illinois
Level Contributor
16,207 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: UK trip report June 2010 (long)

Thanks for all the replies. It was a great trip. I'm trying to fit in all the travel with my daughter before she gets to be a teenager and is too cool to hang out with her mother :(

Now, if I could just arrange for someone to pay me for not going to work so I had unlimited vacation and daughter didn't have to go to school...

Brahmama, have fun in Cardiff. There was another castle nearby, Castell Coch, which I would have liked to go to, but didn't want to overload us. It was nice to get out into the countryside too with the riding. There are also a bunch of walks that they recommend at Parc-le-Breos, but my muscles wouldn't do walks after a day of riding. (Daughter, on the other hand, was full of energy after the rides.)

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,720 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: UK trip report June 2010 (long)

Just as well that you didn't get to Castell Coch because I'm sure that your daughter would have wanted to buy it. Looks like something out of a fairy tale. Loved your report, I was born in Cardiff and visit frequently.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: UK trip report June 2010 (long)

btgm,

Not to worry - they come back again and become good buddies about the time they enter college. My 19 year old son and I had a great London adventure in May, you can even share a pint with them.

- Pete

West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: UK trip report June 2010 (long)

Beautiful report.

Illinois
Level Contributor
16,207 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: UK trip report June 2010 (long)

Thanks. It was a really fun trip even with the no show B&B. Nothing quite matches the wonder of her first overseas trip, but I guess we can't do another first overseas trip. Now she's just an old hand at this travel thing.

tucsonpete, glad to know she won't hate me forever ;) Although I would have traveled with my parents overseas when I was a teenager if they would have paid for it...

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
52 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: UK trip report June 2010 (long)

Loved your trip reports of both UK and France.

Where did you stay while in London?

Illinois
Level Contributor
16,207 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: UK trip report June 2010 (long)

We stayed at the Crescent Hotel. I posted a review in the hotels section. I've stayed there 4 times now (I think) and it's pretty consistent.

Kent
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: UK trip report June 2010 (long)

A super read, thanks for sharing.

Bronx, New York
Level Contributor
103 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: UK trip report June 2010 (long)