We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

arsenal.

monaghan
5 posts
Save Topic
arsenal.

which airport should i fly into if going to an arsenal match? stansted seems the easiest,stansted express to liverpool street,then to arsenal.

SYD-LON-MUC
Destination Expert
for Honeymoons and Romance, Richmond, Bondi, Katoomba
Level Contributor
4,161 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: arsenal.

Fly in to Stansted;

Train to Tottenham Hale then change;

Train from Tottenham Hale to Finsbury Park.

Should only take you about an hour by train then the short walk with everyone else.

arsenal.com/emirates-stadium/get-to...-emira…

and

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: arsenal.

Stansted to Tottenham Hale then Victoria line to Highbury & Islington is easier, I think.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,865 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: arsenal.

Either Luton (frequent services to KingsX/St Pancras and then Victoria line to Finsbury Park or Stansted then the train to Totteham Hale then Victoria line to FP. No need to go via Liverpool St. If a weekend do check the tfl site for planned engineering work and track closures - the Victoria line has several weekend closures over the next few months.

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: arsenal.

My message crossed with Brad's - it wasn't meant as a correction of his.

I think Stansted is the easiest, but all bar City are OK, really.

As PLW says, trains from Luton Airport Parkway bring you in to St P, so you can get the Victoria line from KX St P tube station. The same applies to Gatwick - the First Capital Connect service from Gatwick goes to St P (not at weekends, though, at the moment), and the SOuthern services go to Victoria, where you can also get the Victoria line.

From Heathrow you can get the Piccadilly line to Arsenal.

Edited: 04 August 2010, 18:55
SYD-LON-MUC
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,161 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: arsenal.

lol... and all within a minute or 2 of each other...

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: arsenal.

If you go into St Pancras, the local mainline service to Finsbury Park from Kings Cross will be quicker than the Underground.

brussels
Destination Expert
for Brussels
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: arsenal.

check with TFL site which lines are running if you plan to go at the weekend, or any day really. Holloway rosad station closes about an hour before kick off so plane on using highbury and islington or arsenal and walking

in paractical terms get to central london and navigate from there thee isnt a lot of differnce in transfr tiems but the HE and the gatwick trains to centrla londonwill all do the job

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,865 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: arsenal.

This information has already been given and is not what the OP is asking. It would be better to ask the TA moderators to close the thread.

SYD-LON-MUC
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,161 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: arsenal.

not sure about closing this thread as it's their first so maybe the other threads perhaps?

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,865 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: arsenal.

You're quite right Kiwibrad - getting my threads mixed up! Making closing the others all the more valid!