We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you walk to Heathrow (T3) from a Bath Road hotel?

uk
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Can you walk to Heathrow (T3) from a Bath Road hotel?

Can anyone let me know if it's possible to walk to Heathrow airport (T3 I think) from one of the hotels on Bath Road? It's not clear from the maps whether Tunnel Road allows pedestrians to walk. (Reason for asking is that we're leaving very early am and are not convinced the shuttle bus will get us to the airport on time.....) Thanks,

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,260 reviews
from US$126.70*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
458 reviews
from US$105.30*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,086 reviews
from US$149.40*
Special Offer
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
464 reviews
from US$301.00*
US$334.40
Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
374 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you walk to Heathrow (T3) from a Bath Road hotel?

I don't think it is possible, however there is no charge to use many busses within the airport perimeter. milesfaster.co.uk/information/heathrow-airpo… gives you details. The hotel hoppa service is not free and costs £4 each way per person.

London
Level Contributor
2,216 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you walk to Heathrow (T3) from a Bath Road hotel?

Yes it is physically possible, there are two smaller tunnels either side of the main tunnels, mainly used by taxis and those in the know, which have a pedestrian walkway. It's a long, noisy, smelly walk anyway, and not really advisable.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
291 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you walk to Heathrow (T3) from a Bath Road hotel?

Some of the local buses run 24/7 - which hotel are you staying at?

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
33,053 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you walk to Heathrow (T3) from a Bath Road hotel?

The 285 bus runs continuosly and probably passes your hotel.

I'm not convinced you can walk through the tunnel these days but I might be wrong. Whats wrong with a minicab?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
3,508 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you walk to Heathrow (T3) from a Bath Road hotel?

My guess is that it would be impossible. Given that we now live in a heightened state of terror alert compared to twenty years ago you would be quickly intercepted by the police to find out why you were carrying out this highly unusual action and there is every possibility that you could miss your flight if they decided to take you in for further questioning.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
2,672 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can you walk to Heathrow (T3) from a Bath Road hotel?

No, walking through the tunnels is forbidden. You have to take a bus.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,386 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Can you walk to Heathrow (T3) from a Bath Road hotel?

some of the free local buses run 24x7, so there shouldn't be a problem getting to the airport early

8. Re: Can you walk to Heathrow (T3) from a Bath Road hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2011, 07:22