We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heathrow-terminal 4 -Bus 724

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brunswick, Georgia
2 posts
Save Topic
Heathrow-terminal 4 -Bus 724

I will be arriving at terminal 4 . I want to take Bus 724 whcih comes to my knowledge only on terminal 5 or central station.

Since I will be having lot of luggage with me , will it be easy to carry luggage in free bus or train from terminal 4 to other terminals. Can I talk with luggae trolley bewteen these terminals?

Please advise.

Thanks,Pete

Edited: 10 August 2010, 20:24
Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Heathrow-terminal 4 -Bus 724

There's a free train to T123 for the central bus station.

I'm 99.9% sure you can't take luggage trolleys on it

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,408 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heathrow-terminal 4 -Bus 724

And I'm 100% certain you can't! You can take trolleys down in a lift to the concourse where you must offload and carry your luggage to the platform and on to the train. The reverse applies at the other end and there are plenty of trolleys left by people forced to do the same as you.

Then another lift followed by a 5 or 6 minute walk along an underground corridor with travelators to yet another lift that will take you up to the bus station.

Personally I would take the free bus (#482. 490) from T4 to T5 as there is less walking and hassle although you will have to carry your luggage on and off the bus. The bus stops you need at T5 are very close together. Also the 724 runs only once an hour so if you just miss one you can grab a trolley and walk into the arrivals hall at T5 and find somewhere pleasant to wait - the departures hall at the bus station is always very crowded although it does have a coffee shop.

Brunswick, Georgia
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Heathrow-terminal 4 -Bus 724

Thanks for your replies.

I have bad back and can't lift bags. I will look into taxi option ,but it is expensive.

Pete

4. Re: Heathrow-terminal 4 -Bus 724

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2011, 06:22