We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Highlights of our London trip, thanks for the help!

Florida
Level Contributor
16 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Highlights of our London trip, thanks for the help!

Just returned home from London after a fabulous jam packed week.

The 7 day travel cards worked out perfectly. We used 2 for 1's @ the Tower of London, Winston Churchill's War Room, City Cruises, dinner @ The Living Room (which was fantastic) & tickets for "We Will Rock You" (also fantastic). Other highlights of our trip were Borough Market, Wimbledon & Manchester United v.Chelsea football match @ Wembley.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,460 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Highlights of our London trip, thanks for the help!

Since when have Wimbledon taken over Man Utd?!

http://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/

Thanks for posting and glad you had a great and action packed time.

Florida
Level Contributor
16 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Highlights of our London trip, thanks for the help!

Wimbledon Lawn & Tennis Museum & behind the scenes tour!

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,332 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Highlights of our London trip, thanks for the help!

Wimbledon Lawn & Tennis Museum & behind the scenes tour -

How was it - I've been meaning on heading down there but keep forgetting and/or putting it off. Worth the money?

Adam: Nothing wrong with AFC. I want to go back and see another match, however, I'm a bit of a jinx - the few times I've been there we've played rather badly.

Edited: 12 August 2010, 20:25
london
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Highlights of our London trip, thanks for the help!

wow you packed a lot into your week ... and by the sounds of it you managed to tailor-make the week to do what interested you instead of just doing the run-of-the-mill tourist stuff ... well done

Florida
Level Contributor
16 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Highlights of our London trip, thanks for the help!

My 14 yr old son is a tennis player & we love watching the Wimbledon matches on TV. So, it was very exciting to be there. If you're a big tennis fan, it's definitely worth the money. My husband & sons are also into soccer & fans of Manchester United. Going to Wembley on Sunday was a thrill of a lifetime for them, I actually enjoyed it too. We really tried to tailor the trip to everyone's personal interests. We're still recovering from our action packed week but, we'd do it again in a heartbeat!

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Highlights of our London trip, thanks for the help!

Wimbledon and Man U?

Well done you!!

ENGLAND
Level Contributor
1,706 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Highlights of our London trip, thanks for the help!

Glad you enjoyed your trip to London.

Illinois
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Highlights of our London trip, thanks for the help!

My husband and I will be in London from Sept. 10-15. He is an avid tennis player and would love to see Wimbeldon (get a t-shirt, take pictures, etc.).

Do you have any suggestions on how to get there and how long it would take? We'll be staying near the St. Pancras train station.

Illinois
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Highlights of our London trip, thanks for the help!

My husband and I will be in London from Sept. 10-15. He is an avid tennis player and would love to see Wimbeldon (get a t-shirt, take pictures, etc.).

Do you have any suggestions on how to get there and how long it would take? We'll be staying near the St. Pancras train station.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
2,628 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Highlights of our London trip, thanks for the help!

Nearest station to the tennis cub is Southfields on the District Line. From Kings + take the Piccadilly to Earls Court and change to a District Wimbledon train - will probably take about 45 minutes.