We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Premier Inn County Hall

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,965 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Premier Inn County Hall

Hi, I have a few more questions about the Premier Inn, County Hall. I read somewhere that there are no safes in the room - is this correct. I emailed the hotel but only got the chain head office, I cannot find an email address for this particular hotel, if anyone can help that would be great.

Obviously coming from Australia, we need a safe for passports, money, lap top etc.

Thanks, Deb

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Premier Inn County Hall

Premier Inns don't have in room safes. If they did, they would be the smaller ones and not large enough for a laptop.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,879 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Premier Inn County Hall

While they may not have safes, County Hall guests can only get access to the various floors via lifts which operated with your room keycard which helps make it more secure. I've never had a problem with theft of valuables from Premier Inns and I have stayed in many of them. I guess if you are staying there then the best you can do is lock your valuables in your suitcase, tuck it well away from the door and hope for the best, or ask a member of staff if they can store them for you. Although County Hall is automated check-in, there are staff in the reception area.

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
8,370 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Premier Inn County Hall

As C says, Premier Inn, Travelodge, Ibis etc, are budget chains so there aren't safes.

If you're worried you could put your laptop and passport into your suitcase and put a little travel padlock on it. The only person going into your room will be the cleaner and they won't take anything, certainly not a suitcase. Thefts from hotel rooms are very rare here, virtually unheard of. I've never had anything go missing from any of the budget chains, or any other UK hotel for that matter.

Edit: Posting at the same time as PurpleCeltic, I wasn't copying the suitcase idea, honest!

Edited: 16 August 2010, 13:11
Oregon
Level Contributor
87 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Premier Inn County Hall

We just stayed in the PI county Hall, and they DID have a safe. If I remember right, it is an extra pound and a half a day to use it. But we locked our passports and other valuable in it. I took a netbook, and that fit fine in the safe. Not sure how large a laptop would fit, but it was a nice size safe.

As the poster earlier posted, you do have to use your room key in the elevator to go up. But if several people are waiting for the elevator, then you don't have too, as someone else already put their key in.

We really liked the PI County Hall, and I highly recommend it!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,965 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Premier Inn County Hall

Thanks everyone for the comments. I just don't feel comfortable not having a safe, so I am pleased by OregonAngelwings comments, and I don't mind paying a bit extra for it. Even if the laptop doesn't fit having cash and passports locked up just feels better!

Oregon, did you use the internet at all and if so, how much was it?

Thanks, Deb

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
129 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Premier Inn County Hall

We stayed at the premier Inn County Hall and we had a safe in our room. We were surprised that we had to pay extra for it but it was so worth it. It was big enough to hold our laptop.

I had emailed the hotel prior to our arrival to ask if there were safes in the rooms. They replied that they couldn't guarantee a safe because they were a budget hotel. However, the safe was in our room when we arrived.

Oregon
Level Contributor
87 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Premier Inn County Hall

As far the internet goes. We were there four nights, so my Daughter opted to pay for the Wifi. It was like 12 pounds for 12 hours, and more as more days are added. We ended up paying about 40 pounds for up to a week of Wifi. It worked great, and we used it a lot. We never had a problem, and personally think it was worth it to keep in touch back home. The service was much better than the free WiFi we have had in other hotels where the service comes and gos.

8. Re: Premier Inn County Hall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2011, 06:17