We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Improved Heathrow Express services to and from T4

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
42,233 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Improved Heathrow Express services to and from T4

http://www.heathrowexpress.com/Terminal4

It will still mean changing at the central station but journey times will be reduced.

This also means that the Connect service now only runs between Paddington and the central station.

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,254 reviews
from US$127.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
456 reviews
from US$106.00*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,085 reviews
from US$150.40*
Special Offer
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
464 reviews
from US$302.90*
US$336.60
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
31,611 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Improved Heathrow Express services to and from T4

The side effect is that the Connect will take much longer from T4. The T4-T123 shuttle is scheduled to meet the HEX. It's an 11 minute wait for Connect, making T4 (and T5) Connect services 36 minutes to Paddington. In that time the tube would have reached Earls Court.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
42,233 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Improved Heathrow Express services to and from T4

I've never been a massive fan of the Connect. It was aimed at airport workers along the line from Paddington and on the couple of occasions I've taken it, I saw very few travellers on board. At £7.90 it isn't great value and as Oyster PAYG isn't accepted on the final leg to Heathrow, there is no real incentive for me to use it.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,503 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Improved Heathrow Express services to and from T4

"It's an 11 minute wait for Connect, making T4 (and T5) Connect services 36 minutes to Paddington. In that time the tube would have reached Earls Court."

And of course the tube departs every few minutes.

London, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Improved Heathrow Express services to and from T4

I think the Connect's fare of £7.90 is still very good value compared to the £16.50 Heathrow Express if you're staying in the Paddington area.

For first time visitors from Heathrow - Paddington, it's much easier than the tube. Earl's Court is a confusing interchange for beginners and Hammersmith is not much better.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
56,536 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Improved Heathrow Express services to and from T4

I liked the Connect because the trains are much more pleasant than the Tube and it costs much less than HEX. Of course, I generally stay around Paddington (usually in London for business) so HEC is my preferred transport unless I am in a hurry.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
31,611 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Improved Heathrow Express services to and from T4

@mspepperpot,

I have to disagree with you about Hammersmith. The interchange to District, for central London is cross platform.

I don't have a problem with Connect; they currently have a (genuine) 50% off promo if 2 or more people are traveling together. But the change of schedule means that from T4/5 means a minimum 36 min total travel time to Paddington, plus any onward connection.

7. Re: Improved Heathrow Express services to and from T4

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2011, 07:09