We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good location for apt rental for 2 couples

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
luxembourg city
Level Contributor
38 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
good location for apt rental for 2 couples

Hello,

My 70+ yr old parents and my husband and i are coming to London for 5 days between Christmas and New Year's Eve. I have been looking at apt rentals but I am not sure which would be a good neighborhood for us. None of us have been to London and would like to be within either walking distance or easy train/bus access to the major sites–the Tate Modern, River, bridge, cool neighborhoods, etc. (As i said, we have not been there before and i need to do my research!) We like museums, the basic sites but also love being in a "real" neighborhood that has a true flavor of a place, while still being convenient and safe. Any suggestions of areas to focus on would be a huge help!

Thanks in advance!

A

england
Level Contributor
4,893 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: good location for apt rental for 2 couples

what's your budget? London is expensive. South Kendsington is where most of the museums are and its a very cosmopolitan area.

luxembourg city
Level Contributor
38 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: good location for apt rental for 2 couples

We'd like to keep it at under 250 Euros/night

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,635 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: good location for apt rental for 2 couples

Have a look at www.aplacelikehome.co.uk which may have flats that suit. Fraser Place in Queen's Gate Gardens may be the business as well.

Some flats may have a minimum seven night stay, especially at that time of year. If that's the case, look at base2stay which books by the night and may be just the thing.

luxembourg city
Level Contributor
38 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: good location for apt rental for 2 couples

Thanks so much! I will check these sites out!!

5. Re: good location for apt rental for 2 couples

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2011, 05:17