We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA sale of tickets starts Thursday, 26 August 2010

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
104 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
BA sale of tickets starts Thursday, 26 August 2010

I saw this posted on the Air Travel Forum and thought I would share it with you.

Hope you get some bargains.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
279 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BA sale of tickets starts Thursday, 26 August 2010

Darn - just bought my tickets Sunday

with a $275 change fee, doubt it is worth trying to get the lower fare

London
Level Contributor
2,076 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BA sale of tickets starts Thursday, 26 August 2010

Does anyone have a link?

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,422 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BA sale of tickets starts Thursday, 26 August 2010

www.ba.com hasn't got any information yet. Maybe at midnight, maybe in the morning or maybe someone was telling porkies?!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
3,821 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: BA sale of tickets starts Thursday, 26 August 2010

I got an e-mail from BA saying the sale starts on Thursday so keep an eye on their website for details.

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,410 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BA sale of tickets starts Thursday, 26 August 2010

I've just been on Expedia's website looking at their hotel and flight packages to Los Angeles, New York and San Francisco. I started looking a couple of days ago, but just now BA showed up as the cheapest flights for each route and the deals of interest to me are all between £100 and £150 less than they were a few hours ago. So it looks as though Expedia has already incorporated BA sale prices in their deals.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,599 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: BA sale of tickets starts Thursday, 26 August 2010

The red sale banner is up at the UK ba.com site. I'm not sure if there will be reduced fares for flights from NoAm or beyond; we can but hope.

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,164 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: BA sale of tickets starts Thursday, 26 August 2010

It's been discussed a bit on Air Travel forum, it seems few of us can find any decent price reductions.

Seems more a marketing event than a 'real' sale. :-(

Stoofer

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
8,322 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: BA sale of tickets starts Thursday, 26 August 2010

I agree Stoof,I booked some tickets to Canada with Lufthansa a couple of weeks back, so I was a bit gutted when BA announced a sale. But I've just been on the BA website and can only find fares similar to those I checked a couple of weeks back, still more expensive than LH and Air Canada for that matter. The outward legs are cheap, but the return legs are a rip off.

Seems you can fly one way to some places very cheaply indeed, but you ain't getting back at the same price. Bit of a swizz.

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,164 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: BA sale of tickets starts Thursday, 26 August 2010

Yep, you've got be be unbelievably time flexible AND link up inward and outward flights with different carriers to get good deals IMO. Unfortunatey I suspect that's a tiny minority of us. :-(

Stoofer

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,770 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: BA sale of tickets starts Thursday, 26 August 2010

Sale? What sale? It was with some trepidation that I went to ba.com this morning and checked to see the 'new' sale price of the flights I booked last Saturday to Phoenix and back and .... they're the same price. So I'm happy, but not sure why it's a sale. Looks like you have to be very flexible on travel dates - two more nights away and I could have saved £150, but I'd have spent that on 2 extra nights in a hotel, and had to take an extra day off work. So all in all, not that exciting a sale I'd say.