We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fun Suggestions For A Bored Teen In London ?

Crewe, United...
Level Contributor
339 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Fun Suggestions For A Bored Teen In London ?

Any suggestion for what to do with an easily bored 13 year old boy in London ?

Looking for something a bit quirky if possible.

Also any suggestions for an appropriate West End show, as we might look at trying for some last minute tickets.

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
8,331 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fun Suggestions For A Bored Teen In London ?

Tour of Wembley Stadium if he likes football.

Tour of Lord's if he likes cricket.

High speed power boat (RIB) ride on the Thames.

Hiring rollerblades and going around Hyde Park.

Toronto
Level Contributor
94 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fun Suggestions For A Bored Teen In London ?

Bored in London - is that nor an oxymoron?

Guangzhou
Level Contributor
434 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fun Suggestions For A Bored Teen In London ?

I don't know how anyone could be bored in London but there are some nice bike tours available. He might like the Imperial War Museum.

Fredericksburg, VA
Level Contributor
970 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fun Suggestions For A Bored Teen In London ?

My easily bored son was 10 at the time, but thoroughly enjoyed climbing through the HMS Belfast. There's lots to see and do, and he might even learn something!

Cybored

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
207 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fun Suggestions For A Bored Teen In London ?

For a show suggest We will Rock You as a friend's young son loved it so much they had to go back again. It is quite loud however so be warned.

USA
Level Contributor
513 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Fun Suggestions For A Bored Teen In London ?

Not exactly quirky, but have you thought about different parts of the British Museum?

britishmuseum.org/explore/young_explorers1.a…

Mummies Maybe?

britishmuseum.org/explore/galleries/ancient_…

Edited: 28 August 2010, 18:23
No. California
Level Contributor
645 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Fun Suggestions For A Bored Teen In London ?

Camden Market is a fun, quirky place to wander around for a couple of hours. My 14 year old grandson loved it-- would have stayed there all day.

Also a river trip down to Greenwich would be fun.

London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fun Suggestions For A Bored Teen In London ?

As to shows, consider Stomp.

Essex
Level Contributor
27,647 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fun Suggestions For A Bored Teen In London ?

You have already had a lot of good suggestions, otherwise it depends on what HE likes.

Now you can take the Barclays bikes and cycle around for a while. There are a number of river ferries, but a RIB ride is going to be more exciting.

The IWM is always good, the RAF Museum is another idea, get HIM to work out how to get there, nearby is a small Motor museum, Whitewebbs:

http://www.whitewebbsmuseum.co.uk/

The Hard Rock Cafe with their 'rock museum' that is free, entered via the shop, might be something to like.

At 13 I'd give him a good guidebook, get him to look at a few websites, and give HIM 1 or 2 days out of the hols where he picks what you do, you ALL do that (without complaining) and then Mum has 2 days, Dad has 2 Days, you each organise them, and the others HAVE to go along with that without whinging!!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
205 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fun Suggestions For A Bored Teen In London ?

London Eye, Churchill's Underground Museum (or whatever they call it now), Picadilly Circus, and maybe Stonehenge if his interests go that way. I also second the Hard Rock Cafe suggestion. I also think giving him a guidebook and letting him plan a day is a good idea.

Whatever you do, don't make him watch the changing of the guards - that takes some serious patience with a side of stamina.