We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get from Kings Cross to Wembley Stadium

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best way to get from Kings Cross to Wembley Stadium

I'm hoping to go to the England/Montenagro match on Oct 15th, and would like to know the best and smartest way to get there, and also what is a good time to leave Kings x for there for an 8pm start. I remember going to an England match when they were having them at Old Trafford in Manchester, and it was a crazy experience going to and from the stadium. So many people all trying to get to one place at once!

Anyway, I'm looking for the streetwise way to get there I guess :) Any help is appreciated!

Cheers,

Sulla

Mentioned in this post
England
England
United Kingdom
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get from Kings Cross to Wembley Stadium

Whoops, typo. I am aware that the match date is Oct 12th, I just can't type correctly sometimes ;)

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,522 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get from Kings Cross to Wembley Stadium

Well, there's a number of ways but the most direct would be Metropolitan Line towards Amersham or Watford and get off at Wembley Park. Then follow the crowds.

It will still be a bit of a scrum but it's much better than it was years ago and definitely easier than Old Trafford.

For an 8pm kick off I wouldn't leave King's Cross later than 6:30.

Mentioned in this post
Watford
Watford
Hertfordshire, UK
Wembley
Wembley
Greater London, UK
King's Cross
King's Cross
184 Reviews
London, UK
Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get from Kings Cross to Wembley Stadium

Wonderful, thanks so much for the info!

London
Level Contributor
2,197 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to get from Kings Cross to Wembley Stadium

I would suggest leaving by 6pm at latest, because once you get to Wembley it is still a few minutes walk with the crowds, and it will give you a chance to soak up the atmosphere.

Mentioned in this post
Wembley
Wembley
Greater London, UK
Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
8,747 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to get from Kings Cross to Wembley Stadium

I was at the England Bulgaria match a few nights ago... had dinner in Paddington at 1800hrs, got the bus to Baker Street and got on the Metropolitan line for about 1900hrs, was walking up Wembley Way by 1935hrs, and was in my seat by 1945hrs. Doesn't take long at all to get in, there's no queue at the turnstile, you scan your ticket, you get a quick pat down and that's it. Not like the relic that is Old Trafford at all, Wembley's in a different league, pardon the pun.

I'd agree with Dicanio's timings... if you've not been before then setting off at 1830 is about right and will give you some time to linger outside taking in the fact that you're at Wembley, get some pictures, buy a programme etc...

Unfortunately the scrum after the game is still a bore, Wembley Park tube station is backed up for a good half an hour to 40 mins at least after the final whistle, but that's down to the transport system and not Wembley. Just go with it and accept it as part of life when at least 60,000 people are trying to get in one tube station. :-)

Mentioned in this post
England
England
United Kingdom
The Paddington Hotel
The Paddington Hotel
391 Reviews
London, UK
Baker Street
Baker Street
353 Reviews
London, UK
Wembley
Wembley
Greater London, UK
London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way to get from Kings Cross to Wembley Stadium

Met line trains are categorised as stopping, semi-fast and fast, and I think not all of them stop at Wembley park, so check the display board.

Mentioned in this post
Wembley
Wembley
Greater London, UK
7. Re: Best way to get from Kings Cross to Wembley Stadium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2011, 05:17