We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for family & carparking for motorbike

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel for family & carparking for motorbike

Hi,

We are travelling to London at the end of October and I am looking for a hotel to accomodate a family of 4 (2 adults, 1 teenager, 1 child) and also park a motorbike. I will be travelling with the children from Heathrow airport and want to based in central london is possible.

If anyone can give me any advice or help on this, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks a million,

Deirdriu

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,788 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Hotel for family & carparking for motorbike

It depends on where you're leaving it and for how long. Overnight parking in some areas is a risk; during the day in the West End and you're pretty safe

The biggest problem in trying to park a bike overnight and make it secure is that you can't, generally, lock them *to* anything. So no matter what you do, they're vulnerable to 2 blokes and a transit

There are bike bays with bars that you can lock to - ironically many of the charging ones in Westminster that people complain about are so. I've also seen them in Camden, around Hatton Garden (again there's a charge) and in Hammersmith & Fulham, for free. But I'd be fagged if I could be bothered trying to factor in a secure on-street bike park along with every other variable when looking for accommodation - I'd be looking for a hotel with a car park (and they're pretty thin on the ground) and accepting I'd have to pay for it

Essex
Level Contributor
27,027 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Hotel for family & carparking for motorbike

So, I 'googled' "London Hotels with Parking" and came up with many sites and many suggestions. Within the list on this site are several Hotels that are discussed and recommended on TALF regularly, so might give you some food for thought!

hotel-assist.com/car-parking/london-hotels-w…

At least one less worry with the M-bike is that you don't have to pay any Congestion Charge, so you can stay very central if you wish.

Edited: 07 September 2010, 21:57
Dublin, Ireland
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Hotel for family & carparking for motorbike

Hi - just to clarify - my husband will be going solo on the motorbike, a touring bmw and I will be flying with the children - we plan to meet up in London and that is why I am looking for a hotel with a carpark or a carpark close to it that is secure.

thanks to you all for your contributions so far,

Deirdriu

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Hotel for family & carparking for motorbike

There is a world of difference between a car park and a space for a motorbike (although a touring BMW is a big beast). I would look for a hotel which suits your requirements and then ask them if they have a space for a m/c. All big hotels have a service bay and they may be able to squeeze it in.

Try either County Hall hotels, they may be able to find a space underneath.

15. Re: Hotel for family & carparking for motorbike

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2011, 05:18