We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

February Premier League Tixs?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
38 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
February Premier League Tixs?

Hi guys,

Let's try this again with the full post!!

I know we have had some short answers on tickets, but I am looking for some details.

I will be in England in Feb and want to attend some Prem games. My plan:

2/1 - Arsenal v. Everton

2/2 - Fulham v. Newcastle

2/5 Everton v. Blackpool

From what I read, Fulham tickets aren't too difficult to obtain online. Also, I have already signed up for a free account with Everton to give me access to Goodison tickets.

I am still unsure on the best option for the Arsenal game. Will there be more tickets available due to the mid-week game? Is it worth joining their club to get seats? Is there another online tickets seller I can deal with from the States?

I know we have some experts on this topic here so please advise!!

West Lawn...
Level Contributor
160 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: February Premier League Tixs?

Since you plan on attending two Everton games I am going to assume you are an Everton supporter. In that case you might want to try the Everton website to see what type of travel packages/tix for the game at Emirates they have available. Being that its a mid week game down in London that might be your best bet. Plus, you would get seats in the Everton section.

The other options would be to join the memebership at Arsenal or join Arsenal America which is the supporters club here in the states. However, in both cases you will need to buy more than one membershop if you plan on taking someone with you. I have used the Arsenal America avenue before and they worked fine for me. However, you need to follow their strict guidelines for ordering tickets. You could also just show up the night of the match and hope that a few tickets go on general sale. That would be extremely unlikely however.

Unless you have your heart set on seeing a game at the Emirates I would suggest attending one of the other lower league matches in London that night. Watford v Crystal Palace, QPR v Portsmouth, Charlton v Colchester, Leyton Orient v Brighton. Even though I am a huge Arsenal supporter, those lower league games are more representative of English football. Good luck!!!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
38 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: February Premier League Tixs?

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I am an Evertonian. I will look into the Everton travel packages along with the Arsenal America.

Out of the championship/league 1 matches that night, which stadium has the best environment? I hear Loftus Road and the Valley are both decent environs, please advise. I want to be able to see one of those games if I have no luck seeing the Toffees.

West Lawn...
Level Contributor
160 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: February Premier League Tixs?

I have never been to any of those grounds however I was told that Loftus Road is a good place to watch a match with a good atmosphere. Although QPR is doing quite well this season so tix could be at a premium.

Another word on going to see Everton at the Emirates. Bigsoccer.com has wide range of message boards and perhaps you could link up with an Everton supporters club here in the states who could point you in the right direction. If I were you I would really want to sit with the Everton supporters at the Emirates instead of having to temper my delight in the unlikely event that Everton get a positive result! ; )

4. Re: February Premier League Tixs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2011, 04:17