We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelcard issuing station

Scotland
Level Contributor
68 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Travelcard issuing station

Have purchased a 1 day zone 1~2 travelcard from London Bridge (arriving there from gatwick airport on train) for use on 5 October 2010. Do we have to travel through london bridge station each and every time we use it? Ideally we want to travel from london bridge to waterloo for our hotel and then later that day from waterloo to leicester square, however the 'between london bridge and zone 1,2' on the card is confusing me! Any help would be appreciated, I called the helpline but couldn't get to the bottom of this.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,386 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelcard issuing station

You don't have to go anywhere near London Bridge on it if you don't want to.

Zones 1 and 2 are the operative words.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,338 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelcard issuing station

No, you need not travel via London Bridge on your journeys. London Bridge will be noted as the station of issue but with that card you may travel anywhere in zones 1 and 2 as much as you like without having to make the trips via London Bridge.

Your Travelcard may be used on the Underground, DLR, Overground and National Rail services in those zones plus buses in all zones. Depending on where you're headed near Waterloo station the RV1 or 381 bus might be a better option; spider map here: tfl.gov.uk/tfl/…londonbridge-2163.pdf

Scotland
Level Contributor
68 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelcard issuing station

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I thought I was going mad trying to work this out, knew I could rely on TA for a straightforward answer. Makes sense now, I can stop stressing about london bridge!

4. Re: Travelcard issuing station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2011, 05:27