We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

eating near tower of london

around about ireland
Level Contributor
336 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
eating near tower of london

what is the best cafe's for price/quality on the walk from the london dungeons to tower of london via london bridge

thanks for any help

Edited: 19 September 2010, 13:34
Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Amesbury, London
Level Contributor
6,905 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: eating near tower of london

Just checking - do you mean London Bridge or Tower Bridge? Many people write the former, meaning the latter.

around about ireland
Level Contributor
336 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: eating near tower of london

i mean london bridge

i was about to confirm that but the time that youre able to edit your post ran out

UK
Level Contributor
112 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: eating near tower of london

Hi,

If you are walking past London Bridge station on a Thursday / Friday / Saturday, Borough Market is defintely a good place for quality food.

See http://www.boroughmarket.org.uk/

Can't promise it'll be the cheapest food around but the food will be tasty - and lots to choose from!

Failing that, there are lots of cafes around the area to choose from anyway.

Have fun! :)

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,815 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: eating near tower of london

Borough Market probably has the most interesting selection of places to eat near London Bridge. There is also a branch of Cafe Rouge in Hays Galleria opposite the London Dungeon - access Hays Galleria from Tooley St, just opposite the Dungeon. Or, walk through Hays Galleria to the riverbank, turn right and walk along a bit (you're going east, towards Tower Bridge) and there's a very nice branch of Strada with great river views in More Place.

I think it's a nicer walk from the Dungeon to the Tower along the south bank and then crossing Tower Bridge. If you go that way and walk under Tower Bridge, there are lots of restaurants in Butler's Wharf and Shad Thames including some expensive and formal places like Le Pont de la Tour and the Blueprint Cafe. Or, continue across Tower Bridge to the north side of the river and eat in St Katherine Dock - there's a Strada, a Cafe Rouge, a dim sum place and a Starbucks if you just want coffee and a sandwich. If you go the other way (i.e. across London Bridge) I'd eat at Wagamama in Tower Place, the modern building just next to the Tower.

around about ireland
Level Contributor
336 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: eating near tower of london

I have now decided to go to st. pauls cathedral after the dungeons so borough market seems to be the place to go

Toronto
Level Contributor
585 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: eating near tower of london

At the risk of much criticism...we ate at the cafe in the Tower of London and found it to be quite good and not too badly priced. Tip - go upstairs to eat - everyone else seems to battle over tables downstairs, while upstairs is empty!

We had some nice sandwiches and drinks for under 10 pounds. Don't be put off by the line-up - they only do that so the hungry hordes don't ravage the food selections.

7. Re: eating near tower of london

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2011, 05:44