We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Afternoon Tea? Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!!

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Amesbury, London
Level Contributor
7,174 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Afternoon Tea? Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!!

As some of you know, I am unable to indulge in one of my favourite past-times - afternoon tea - for the forseeable future, if not longer.

BUT!!! I was looking through an online catalogue of Christmas gifts and came across this "afternoon tea de-light" at the Metropolitan Hotel

…como.bz/eat-and-drink/afternoon-de-light

"The delicious selection of sweet and savoury cupcakes, fruit scones, and ‘no-bread sandwiches’ are made using healthful alternatives including flour substitutes, and low fat crème fraîche.

Fresh fruit purées replace unrefined sugars. Olive oil is instead of butter, as well as natural, organic and locally sourced produce wherever possible. "

Yesssssss!!!! Thank You Metro-pol-i-tan! If anyone out there is also interested in trying this out with me (not for a couple of months though) let me know! Whether you're on a diet, or like me for medical reasons, this could hit the spot where other afternoon teas can't!

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,264 reviews
from US$126.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
461 reviews
from US$105.20*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,087 reviews
from US$149.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
465 reviews
from US$300.60*
London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
22,649 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Afternoon Tea? Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!!

Spiffing tea, and absolutely no calories...what's not to enjoy! I'd love to - when you're up to it.

See you soon,

PW

Kentucky
Level Contributor
2,852 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Afternoon Tea? Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!!

sounds good

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
667 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Afternoon Tea? Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!!

I'll try anything once! Want to set up a time between Oct 23-28th?

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Amesbury, London
Level Contributor
7,174 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Afternoon Tea? Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!!

Pegdafittr - I'm out of action during October, but if you & others manage to go, let me know what it's like!

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
435 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Afternoon Tea? Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!!

whilst not afternoon tea in London, a couple of years ago I arranged afternoon tea for my friend's hen weekend at the Royal Crescent hotel in Bath. One of the guests had a wheat allergy and the hotel prepared a separate gluten free tea for her - if I remember correctly she had rye bread sarnies, fresh fruit kebabs instead of scones, and some other gluten free delicacies.

When I spoke to the hotel about the dietary requirements they said that they were preparing separate afternoon tea menus for people with dairy / gluten allergies etc, so it's always worth checking with places what they can do.

So if you are in the Bath area give it a try - the setting is lovely, in the Regency equivalent of a granny flat - a cottage at the end of the back garden!

6. Re: Afternoon Tea? Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2011, 06:23