We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advice on clothing-Primark

Riyadh
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Topic
advice on clothing-Primark

I was planning to buy jmen acket/shirts at Primark at Oxfort street. But just heard from someone that the qualty is not upto mark. Just would like to know the users of Primark....some other feedback....please?

Their prices are appealing and attractive to me.

Regards,

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
129 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: advice on clothing-Primark

Primark , is cheap and cheerful throw away fashion, If you are looking for something to last a season it is fine but not for investment pieces.

USA
Level Contributor
513 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: advice on clothing-Primark

I think it's hit and miss on quality. I have two friends in England who are extreme tight wads....one in London and one in Yorkshire, and they love the place!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,001 posts
1,791 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: advice on clothing-Primark

Generally Primark clothes is cheap and cheerful. For the price you pay its not likely to last long and also likely to go out of fashion soon (applies women's fahion)but its very popular.

For better quality look at Marks & Spencers, Debenhams.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
503 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: advice on clothing-Primark

It is very cheap , but not the place to shop if you are looking for quality.

Ruhr Valley
Level Contributor
159 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: advice on clothing-Primark

I quite like Primark, it´s great for cheap clothes! However, I don´t like very much. Seems to me it´s always crowded and chaotic. Always long queues for the fitting rooms and cashiers.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,324 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: advice on clothing-Primark

Primark prices are cheap for a reason. I agree that M&S and Debenhams offer superior quality for not that much more $$.

London, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: advice on clothing-Primark

I bought my husband a 100% wool suit a couple of years ago which was as cheap as chips and it's still going strong.

Riyadh
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: advice on clothing-Primark

Thanks,

So it seems, that many say that quality is not good...with some saying that their clothes are still lasting..... so there is no gurantee....

Bromley
Destination Expert
for Bruges
Level Contributor
1,068 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: advice on clothing-Primark

An old saying - "you get what you pay for" - meaning if you pay £5 for a pair of trousers do not expect them to be the same as a pair you pay £50 for.

You pay your money and take your chance, expect any garment to last one season and you will not be disappointed, but if you get many years out of it then you have done well. Don't think everything you buy in there will last years.

Hove, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,918 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: advice on clothing-Primark

With Primark you have to be very selective in what you buy as the quality does seem to vary. I have found that the menswear is generally better quality than the womens. I bought some of their slim fit work shirts for my 16 year old son last year, he only needed them while doing work experience so I didn't want to spend a lot, anyway they still look good now and he wears them as smart evening shirts quite regularly.