We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Afternoon Tea Guide

Cheshire, UK
Level Contributor
212 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Afternoon Tea Guide

Hi everyone!

My mum and myself are looking to take my Nana to London for the day on the 20th November for her 65th birthday and as we are only going for the day, we thought it would be nice to have afternoon tea somewhere special.

I have trawled through websites and there are masses of choice and I don't know where to start. We are looking for somewhere traditional and if possible with a little luxury but mid range in price if possible. Any suggestions? I have looked at The Langham and The Ritz but they are a little pricey. Somewhere in the £20-£30 region would be more like it (or cheaper if it is good!)

I will be really grateful of any suggestions or recommendations!

Thanks

Amy

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,699 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Afternoon Tea Guide

Have a look at the Capital hotel - v close to Knightsbridge station:

capitalhotel.co.uk/restaurantbar_afternoonte…

and this site with offers:

www.afternoontea.co.uk/index.php…

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Brighton, Nice
Level Contributor
6,180 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Afternoon Tea Guide

I second the Capital Hotel - their tea is very good, and the room is lovely. It's £20.50 per person or £31.00 per person with a glass of Champagne. Once in a while they'll have a special offer (the tea with Champagne will be discounted, for example), so do ask if there are special offers when you book. And be sure to tell them it's for a special birthday!

London, England
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
9,929 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Afternoon Tea Guide

A third vote for the Capital Hotel.

As much as I love Claridges and am desperate to try the newly re-opened Savoy, the Capital Hotel is where I go for a pretty, comfortable setting with good service and good food.

But don't forget to book. Those of us who love it have spoken of it too much on Trip Advisor and now it is sometimes full!

Edited: 20 October 2010, 09:58
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,064 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Afternoon Tea Guide

Grosvenor House according to my uncle do a lovely afternoon tea. Tea at the Ritz was lovely though.

5. Re: Afternoon Tea Guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2011, 05:17