We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flybe

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
West Virginia
Level Contributor
595 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
flybe

I know this question should probably be in the air forum and if someone feels compelled to move it, I understand.

I thought I might get a better answer though as this is a British airline.

How are they to fly on? We've never used them at all. They have a flight that suits us as far as times and fare. I'd just like to know a little about flying with them before I commit.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,986 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flybe

Flybe passenger comments www.airlinequality.com

West Virginia
Level Contributor
595 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flybe

Oh thanks!

Looks rather dismal...........

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,930 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flybe

Flybe is decent enough for what it is. If you're looking at a short hop and the fares (and times) suit then book away.

Edited: 20 October 2010, 23:30
Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,071 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flybe

Perfectly good low cost airline. They took over some of British Airways domestic routes and I have used them a fair few times with no problems.

West Virginia
Level Contributor
595 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flybe

Maybe I should be asking another question because I might be hung up on something that I don't need to worry about.

After our time in London, we are going to Belfast. We are staying at the Luna and Simone and obviously can get to Heathrow or Gatwick from Victoria. Leaving from Gatwick appeals more to me though because of the Express train and not having to deal with the tubes on a Thursday morning.

But then, should I be concerned? Is a tube journey outbound on a workday morning less hectic than inbound? We'll each be toting a suitcase......

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,930 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: flybe

I find LHR a much more salubrious airport than LGW but others' views may vary.

If you don't want to deal with the Underground, the walk from the Luna & Simone to Victoria Coach Station for the National Express coach to LHR is a short one. If you do depart from Gatwick you need not take the GEX if you're leaving London at an early hour, the Southern service may take five minutes longer and cost considerably less.

West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: flybe

Flybe is perfectly fine for the flight to Belfast, which is a great city. You could also ask for a second opinion in the Belfast Forum because they probably fly from London to Belfast more often than Londoners do.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,986 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: flybe

Flight options.

London Heathrow www.flybmi.com www.aerlingus.com

London Gatwick www.easyjet.com

London
Level Contributor
9,561 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: flybe

I've flown with bmi, flybe and easyjet and they are all fine.

Be careful when comparing prices though - assuming you will have baggage - make sure you compare the "full price" with baggage charges.

The flybe website tries every trick in the book to encourage you to select every possible additional fare option (such as advance seat selection - which is chargeable) but if you keep your wits about you it is possible to opt out of that. You'll still get a seat somewhere on the plane!

Hand baggage rules vary between these three carriers too - so check that. In particular, flybe use turbo props on some routes and hand baggage on those can be a lower limit than you expect.

Groomsport, United...
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: flybe

if you want cheap you could also fly from Luton to Belfast City.....if you're going to use Heathrow be sure you know which airport you are flying to..BMI fly to City, Aer Lingus fly to International...thinks Easyjet also fly from Gatwick to International. There's plenty of easy access to Belfast City from either, City is nearest.

Overall BMI are the preferred for me, but can be expensive...Ryanair (the cheapest) still fly from Stansted to City but that route ceases on 31st October.

You pays your money and takes yer choice! (watch the hand baggage rules)