We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hostel Recommendations

Melbourne, Australia
9 posts
Save Topic
Hostel Recommendations

I am staying in London for about 6 nights in March and am wanting to stay at a good hostel. I want one in a good location and where I am likely to meet people. I've stayed at the generator hostel near Russel Square before and thought it was really good but was just curious if anyone had anymore suggestions.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone!

Level Contributor
3,773 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hostel Recommendations

If what you liked about 'the Generator' was its leaning towards a cheap 'party' hostel with cheap booze until the small hours, parties,, organised walking tours etc you might look at the St Christophers hostel chain.

They have a cluster of hostels in the London Bridge area, the St Christpher's Village hostel is where all the 'fun' goes on. They have a couple of others including a female only hostel in the vicinity which share the facilities of the Village.

Edited: 26 October 2010, 12:33
Melbourne, Australia
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hostel Recommendations

thanks for the suggestion, the generator advertisers itself to be like that but it really wasn't. I just liked it because I made some friends while I was there and because I am going by myself this time I wondered if maybe there was any other top hostel I could try. I'll have a look at the Christophers Inn one, thanks.

3. Re: Hostel Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2011, 06:52
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor